David and the staff gave us a wonderful welcome. We stayed with my 91 year old mother and they could not do enough to cater for her needs. The hotel, though small, is beautifully appointed and cosy and the rooms contained all we needed with a wonderfully comfortable bed which ensured several nights' good sleep. The food was excellent both at dinner and breakfast. All in all service and friendliness you rarely find in the larger hotels abounds here. We can't wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The quality of food and menus at the Frenchgate reflect the passion and enthusiasm of the staff. Care is taken to source ingredients locally wherever possible and all our food is all prepared to order. Start with a selection of homemade breads, starters of hand dived scallops, Whitby white crab or carpaccio of local beef, then maybe a loin of Yorkshire lamb together with a confit of shoulder, a fillet of pan roasted halibut cooked to perfection, local game or one of our delicious vegetarian options. Our bar and wine lists match the quality and value of our food. Choose from our superb house recommendations or unique “wine flight” to classic and unusual new world offerings. As well as a range of fine spirits and liqueurs befitting the independent and non corporate feel of The Frenchgate, you can also enjoy a range of both local bottle conditioned ales, and imported beers from around the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Frenchgate Restaurant & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Frenchgate Hotel Richmond
- The Frenchgate Restaurant & Hotel Richmond, Yorkshire