“Excellent staff, wonderful hotel!”

The King's Head Hotel
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Richmond
“Excellent staff, wonderful hotel!”
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

I am on the third night of a three night stay at the kings head hotel for business and I have had a faultless stay. I have eaten in the hotel restaurant every night and have enjoyed excellent food and second to none service. I would particularly like to mention Louis and Pat who were both friendly and attentive and made my stay so enjoyable. They went above and beyond to make me feel very welcome. Wifi coverage has been very good all over the hotel and my room has been very comfortable and decorated to a high standard. Extra touches such a bottled water, fruit and extra milk have been very much appreciated.
I will definitely return to the kings head and would recommend to colleagues, friends and family. Many thanks also to the hotel manager who made time to listen to my feedback and who provided me with extra helpful info about the hotel and the area.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
GM-KingsH, General Manager at The King's Head Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
My team and I are so thrilled with all your wonderful comments. It was a pleasure to sit with you and have some direct feedback, you were so complimentary in every area. I have personally passed on your praise to both Luis and Pat who were so pleased. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Just had 3 night Tesco break. This is a warm and welcoming old country style hotel full of character. The hotel is very pleasant very clean and the staff v friendly and helpful special mention for Simon. Breakfast was excellent. Once again best western properties hit the mark would definitely revisit

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank anthony b
I have passed on all your kind comments to the team, we are so pleased you enjoyed your recent break with us. I have especailly mentioned to Simon that you have mentioned him. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Yorkshire Dales
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I was a bit perturbed when we were told to take the stairs then the fire exit door - we'd only just arrived.....Room 22 was the only bedroom on a small landing at the back of the hotel. The door was tiny but didn't bother me as I'm tiny too, the bed was enormous but so was the room & the ensuite bathroom. Everything was not straight, it was like being in Alice in Wonderland. If you didn't lock the wardrobe door it flew open with a loud creak, the floor seemed to be uphill in every direction & the windows. You get the picture!!! Full of character and clean & quiet. The staff were lovely & we had the best nights sleep for a long time. Only slight niggle was water pressure was a bit low so showering took my husband an age. Thanks for a memorable stay - a lot of hotels don't get big groups right but they did here.

Room Tip: If you want complete peace & quiet in a huge bed room 22!!!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for all your comments, some of which have lead us to do some work in the room you stayed in, even though you say it was quirky we have made sure we have mended the issues that you had. Thank you for your Kind comments about the team and I have passed these on. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Called in for lunch Saturday afternoon after visiting Angel Bakery ( as seen on tv).My husband had the pie of the day and I had risotto both which were delicious and served very quickly. The tables were spotless with fresh flowers and the décor was very relaxing. The staff were attentive and very knowledgeable especially the young waiter explaining the choices of coffee to the couple next to us ,what a star he was. Will definitely go again if we are in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for all your lovely comments, I have passed these on to the team and have especially mentioned to Luis who was the young man that you have commented on. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
richmond
Reviewed February 1, 2014

My husband and I met at this venue 7 years ago and to celebrate decided to go back to have dinner. The dining room has been decorated recently and looks nice and fresh with neutral colour scheme. We had a very good meal, attentive staff, and thoroughly enjoyed our 'date'!! Would recommend for an evening meal...... Or for drinks.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
GM-KingsH, General Manager at The King's Head Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your recent "date night" in our restaurant. I have passed on to the team all your lovely comments. I can't be sure from your review, but if you are local and passing by soon, call in and join our Birthday Club, where you can eat free on your birthday in our restaurant and only the guest or guests with you pay. We really do look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
Braintree, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here 3 times now, the first time I stayed was with work, and I was so impressed I booked to come back for pleasure before I left! The staff are all really friendly and helpful, and have all been the same each time I've been, which is a good sign! The lounge is nice and comfortable and the log fire is welcoming! The food in the bar is adequate - but there are so many restaurants in Richmond you don't have to eat here! On my 3rd visit I was welcomed by the reception manager by name, and she had all my paperwork ready for me! I also was given the deluxe suite! The bathroom was big enough to party in, with a corner bath! I will definitely stay here again, and again, and again.........

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
My team and I are so thrilled with all your lovely comments. The consistency that you have experiened is wonderful and I am so pleased with the team. We can always do better but consistency in what we do is our main aim. We really do hope to see you again very soon be it work or pleasure.