Bridge House Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Richmond
See available hotels
A66 Motel(Richmond)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Middleton Lodge(Richmond)
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Similar to Erika C, we were also ripped off by this hotel. We stayed at this hotel on several occasions but when we returned home we discovered we had been incorrectly charged for nights that we had previously cancelled well within their cancellation policy time frame. Despite numerous emails and calls to the hotel they would not reverse the charges and we have had to pursue the matter through our credit card issuer. Very unprofessional.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank 671Smash
Reviewed September 1, 2013

When you entered the hotel, it was a bit difficult to find out where you were going to check in as no one welcomed you. Very creaky and old fashioned but I didn't have a problem with my stay at all. Our room was a decent size, the bathroom was huge! The race course is literally over the road from the hotel and it's nice to have a wonder around as its in a lovely area. The food I ate at the hotel (a chicken burger & chips at night and a full english breakfast on the morning) was absolutely lovely.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone, except people who are scared of spiders... we counted 10 in our room!!!

I liked the biscuits that came with the tea and coffee, it was a nice touch!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This hotel fraudulantly charged my credit card double the cost of the room. When I discovered this after returning home from my vacation, I repeatedly contacted them with no response. I finally phoned them overseas to complain to the manager. I was told they'd look at their credit card slips in a few weeks time - no apology or admission of the overcharge - and no reimbursement! After a month had passed since my stay there, I still wasn't reimbursed. I finally put a fraud claim through my credit card company to get my money back from these scam artists!

Aside from being crooks - the hotel was old and dirty and in need of repair. The carpets were filthy and the bathrooms had a terrible stink to them. There was no food being served the night we stayed there. The only positive thing I can say, is that the chef seemed like a nice guy and he made good porridge for breakfast. Overall, it was a terrible stay that cost me a fortune!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Erika C
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed overnight here as we were attending Catterick Races. You could not ask for a better location only over the road from the racecourse. On arriving we found the manager to be very welcoming and pleasant. The hotel is an old building however, the rooms are spacious and very clean. The bar had a really nice atmosphere with helpful staff. We enjoyed our evening meal which was very reasonably priced. Good food too!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This is a very dated hotel we arrived at 1pm for a trip to the races I was told my room was ready but couldn't check in until 2 so we had to leave our luggage in reception the room itself when we did check in was nice but very dated we was in a front room off the hotel (pub) you will need a pair of earplugs as the noise from the road at the front was very loud at that was all night next morning there was no hot water at all and when I complained was basically told hard luck as the boiler was bust as it was very old me and my wife went for breakfast and my wife asked for full English without the meat as she is vegetarian and got 1 tomato 3 mushrooms and a blob of scrabbled egg I didn't bother maybe it was just is having a bad day but to get charged 75 pounds (terrible)not recommend

Room Tip: Try to stop at the rear
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple