“WORST hotel, got ripped off!”
Review of Bridge House Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Richmond
Bridge House Hotel
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Richmond
Toronto, Canada
“WORST hotel, got ripped off!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This hotel fraudulantly charged my credit card double the cost of the room. When I discovered this after returning home from my vacation, I repeatedly contacted them with no response. I finally phoned them overseas to complain to the manager. I was told they'd look at their credit card slips in a few weeks time - no apology or admission of the overcharge - and no reimbursement! After a month had passed since my stay there, I still wasn't reimbursed. I finally put a fraud claim through my credit card company to get my money back from these scam artists!

Aside from being crooks - the hotel was old and dirty and in need of repair. The carpets were filthy and the bathrooms had a terrible stink to them. There was no food being served the night we stayed there. The only positive thing I can say, is that the chef seemed like a nice guy and he made good porridge for breakfast. Overall, it was a terrible stay that cost me a fortune!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Erika C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed overnight here as we were attending Catterick Races. You could not ask for a better location only over the road from the racecourse. On arriving we found the manager to be very welcoming and pleasant. The hotel is an old building however, the rooms are spacious and very clean. The bar had a really nice atmosphere with helpful staff. We enjoyed our evening meal which was very reasonably priced. Good food too!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Castleford, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This is a very dated hotel we arrived at 1pm for a trip to the races I was told my room was ready but couldn't check in until 2 so we had to leave our luggage in reception the room itself when we did check in was nice but very dated we was in a front room off the hotel (pub) you will need a pair of earplugs as the noise from the road at the front was very loud at that was all night next morning there was no hot water at all and when I complained was basically told hard luck as the boiler was bust as it was very old me and my wife went for breakfast and my wife asked for full English without the meat as she is vegetarian and got 1 tomato 3 mushrooms and a blob of scrabbled egg I didn't bother maybe it was just is having a bad day but to get charged 75 pounds (terrible)not recommend

Room Tip: Try to stop at the rear
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Richmond hotels

Martock, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is a good hotel that is gradually being refurbised by the new owner.
Decor is generally a bit tired but rooms are comfortable and clean.
Food is of a very good standard and the steaks served on a stone are simply wonderful.

Room Tip: Request a room at the back with a river view. Rooms at the front can be a little noisey.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Great breakfast and service with a smile. Rooms are a bit dated but the bed was very comfortable and we had a view out onto the river. Fantastic location for Catterick race course which was what we wanted. Plenty of parking.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank LMDAW
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We recently had a staff Christmas staff party at the Bridge House hotel. We were really looked after by the staff at the Hotel and our meal was superb. I had the prawn cocktail to start and for my main i had the turkey Christmas dinner, the food was presented beautifully and above all we had a fantastic day. We have noticed that there has been ongoing construction throughout the hotel, this is due to the new manager refurbishing the entire hotel. We look forward to coming back soon to see the new refurbishments!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Catterick
Reviewed December 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights during our move from Germany back to England. Our room was very small for a double room, it had a 'busy road view,' was freezing as the radiator didn't work, bathroom carpet was badly stained and plastic flowers covered in dust on each bedside table - not good folks! The bar staff was friendly and helpful and the food was good. Was contemplating not staying the second night.

Room Tip: We didn't have a river view room so cannot comment but try not to get a room at the front of the...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gillian S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
The Frenchgate Restaurant & Hotel
#17 of 51 in Richmond
The Farmers Arms
The Farmers Arms
#34 of 51 in Richmond

Been to Bridge House Hotel? Share your experiences!