The Old Brewery is set in an idyllic location at the end of a quiet green behind a beautiful old chestnut tree. On arrival the manger checked us in a very friendly and efficient manner. Our room was spacious, airy and overlooking the garden. One of the largest and most comfortable beds so far on the C2C. On the recommendation of the manager we dined at The Black Bull in town. The atmosphere, meal and pint was so nice that we decided to return for our second night.
Breakfast was also one of the best along the Coast to Coast. Quite a variety compared to most B&Bs and the Fijian staff were very chatty.
Our stay was marred to some extend by a group of revellers returning to the hotel at various times during the early hours of Sunday morning. I was advised by the manger this was the exception rather than the norm. Our second night’s stay was tranquillity itself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stones throw from the River Swale, at the foot of Alan the Reds magnificent castle (circa 1070) and just a few minutes from the largest cobbled market place in Britain, the house retains its old world charm, is tastefully decorated, and offers every modern comfort. Each guest room enjoys attractive views and has a private bathroom or shower room. Guests also have the use of the communal sitting room with an open fire, TV, and a small library of books and periodicals. Guests are also free to relax in our peaceful patio garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Old Brewery Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Brewery Guest House Hotel Richmond
- Old Brewery Guest House Richmond, Yorkshire