“Lovely place”

and 1 more site!
Old Brewery Guest House
Ranked #9 of 51 Richmond B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Really enjoyed our two night stay. Very comfortable accommodation and the breakfast was excellent. The staff did a fine job looking after us. Quite a stunning location and only five minute walk to the town centre and pubs. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 22, 2012

We had a fabulous time at this gorgeous B n B. The service was excellent, the staff were very helpful and went out of their way to make our stay relaxing and enjoyable. The rooms were fantastic and we were treated to delicious hot cooked breakfasts each morning. The breakfast menu was extentsive with everything from fruit and cereals to the full cooked English breakfast with black pudding!
We would definitely stay here again and would recommend this place to our friends and family.
Alicia Russell. Melbourne

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2012

My friend and I had a wonderful 4 days in this unique B&B with its beautiful garden and friendly staff. The location is ideal and parking is good. Breakfasts are wonderful as is the dining area.

Room Tip: My room was great - number 5. I was very near the sitting room and a door to the garden.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Stopped here before doing a coast to coast bike ride. Roms wer fine and the garden is interesting - it was a nice evening so we could sit out. It's quite cottagy if that's your style, and the location is quiet from the town (no bad thing) with a bit of a hill climb to get there. We had breakfast ( which staff cooked early for us as we were on an early start). Food was good, staff nice. Thought it a little expensive for a b&b but don't know the local market. Would take my wife there (we were a group of 4 guys )

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 27, 2012

A fairly grumpy welcome as I arrived at 10.30pm - ok, that was late in the evening - but nothing had told me that wasn't acceptable. Bedroom had obviously been renovated, but still mess in wardrobe, mixed 2nd-hand coat hangers - all rather 1970s in content. Bed comfortable. Had to retune TV as it only had one channel. (It now has 80-odd). Breakfast good, but took 25 minutes to come. Check-out slow. Would I go again? Yes, if there was nowhere else available, but in Richmond I suspect there are lots of other places.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank JustAGoodNightsSleep
Reviewed June 11, 2012

A one night business stop here was odd to say the least. The place was locked up when I arrived with a contact number on the door. I called it then had to wait until the person (owner?)finished walking their dog before I could check-in.

The reception desk area was a bit scruffy and I was tempted to say 'forget it' but I went with the flow and the room was fine. Nice and clean facing onto a traditional village green with a big old horse chestnut tree in the middle; very picturesque. A decent sleep was disturbed by firstly early risers and a squeaky front door (get some oil please), followed by the radio alarm going off in the next room at full volume even though the room was unoccupied.

The breakfast was odd. The staff were more interested in last nights telly and his out in the kitchen but were very courteous when they did attend to you. The menu for breakfast was magnificent; I've never seen so much choice in a small place like this.
If everything was as well prepared as my eggs benedict they must have a lot of return custom.

Assuming the minor difficulties were just unfortunate one-offs, and given that there was free wi-fi access and access to a computer this was a fine place to stay and I'd probably go back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Having read some of the reviews we were a little concerned as to what we might find.However,the guest house is in a lovely position on the green and 1 minute from the river. The breakfast was excellent and served by young ladies who couldn't have been friendlier.There is an outside courtyard at the back which is pleasant for sitting out and there is free parking right outside.The boxer puppy is lovely.I agree the sat nav takes you to the wrong address-basically don't go down the little lane it tells you to do but find Richmond Bridge and it's just there.

Room Tip: Take an ensuite at the front
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple