“Sublime B&B”

Ranked #2 of 51 Richmond B&B and Inns
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Sublime B&B”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed at the Castle House for a single night as part of my partners birthday celebrations.We stayed in a splendid room at the top of the house with superior furnishing's and stunning view's of the surrounding countryside.The room was filled with lots of lovely welcoming touches that showed a real depth of feeling for the kind of establishment that Lucy and Ian are trying to build.The overall ambience is one of love and an appreciation of the kind of things that will make this a place to visit time and again.The Castle House will forever be part of our lives in the coming and distant future, thank you so very much Lucy and Ian for a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room on the top floor with a superb bathroom with a wonderful view of the market plac...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Grantham
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed four nights at The Castle House. On signing out, I wrote in the visitor's book that we loved everything about it and every second of it, and looking back on our stay as I write this, I realise what a very special place The Castle House is. There have been numerous positive comments posted on Trip Advisor - we can totally agree with every one, from the warm welcome to the wonderful breakfasts; the superb room (Wensley) to the friendliness and ambiance which can only be created by such lovely hosts.
Readers - book a stay at The Castle House, and be prepared for a treat!

Room Tip: The Wensley room has a lovely big bed, lots of wardrobe/drawer space and is very quiet - heavenly!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I said I never would but as the saying goes never say never so here you have it my first ever review. Thought about bullet points but too formal.Fantastic welcome from Ian and Lucy. Stayed in the Richmond Suite not one fault. In fact to cut it short and get my point across The Castle House is faultless and in my opinion the only place to stay in Richmond.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
LucyRawlins, Owner at The Castle House, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
I have to admit that the word 'overwhelmed' by your review hardly seems appropriate or worthy of what you have so kindly written.

All I can say is that it is all our wonderful guests like yourselves that make The Castle House so special, all Ian and I try to ensure is that you are looked after and made to feel at home. Hopefully we have created an atmosphere that makes you all feel just so.

Thank you for your very generous and kind words
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Owners very accommodating and friendly on arrival mid afternoon offering tea, coffee or a glass of wine. Served with some cake. Made to feel very welcome and provided with recommendations of where to eat and an offer to book a table. Also helpfully explained the situation re parking as there is no car park and it's restricted nearby until 6 pm. We managed to park outside the front door overnight however. Beautiful house, well located and great rooms. You could see part of the castle walls from the room - found this very atmospheric. The cooked breakfast was very good. Had a peaceful comfortable night. Would definitely stay again and have no worries recommending The Castle House to other travellers.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Milton Keynes, England
Reviewed September 3, 2013

we stayed as here on an over night one off as we toured yorkshire and wished we had stayed for the duration of our tour,the rooms were lovely and the breakfast was superb and richmond itself is spectacular.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mkdodd
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed on Saturday 24th August with my husband and two friends, we were made to feel very welcome by Ian and Lucy and the rooms were very comfortable and beautiful and we had a lovely view from our window, a gorgeous glass of wine on arrival that we sat outside and enjoyed before going upstairs to get ready for the evening. Breakfast was excellent and we will definitely go back highly recommend.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful, its hard to choose.
York
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Great central location, lovely hotel building and en suite room, very friendly and welcoming, good breakfast. Nothing not to like. And there's nothing more I need to say, but tripadvisor is insisting I type 200+ characters before it will accept my review. And now it's telling me that I have to create a tripadvisor account to submit my review, doubtless so it can spam me.