“Depending what you're looking for I would say”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Richmond
Frenchgate Guest House
Ranked #22 of 51 Richmond B&B and Inns
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Depending what you're looking for I would say”
Reviewed September 17, 2009

Frenchgate 66 is First Class. Definately NOT for teenagers so I can't imagine why you booked to go there?? I have stayed there several times ,also in the bedroom you mention. There wasn't a lot of noise from the dining room when I stayed there but as I dont go on holiday to lie in bed there wasn't any problem there.
I am a walker like many of the guests who stay there so to be "up and atom" is the main priority.
I am also a GRANNY so banging door's doesn't bother me.Even so I wouldn't do it as I would consider others. I really think your comments are a bit harsh and let me assure you I am no fuddy duddy. Since I retired I have travelled the world and have slept in everything from a one person tent in Nepal to the Burj al Arab in Dubai.
All I look for is somewhere to lay my head at the end of the day and have better things to do than nit pick.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Scotland
Reviewed August 31, 2009

Stayed with the kids in the adjoining family rooms. Adult's room a bit ' temporary ' with a curtain across the dinning room window, so don't expect to be undisturbed past the start of breakfast and make sure the curtain is closed! Also expect a bit of the ' don't forget this is our house mentality', in fact they have a notice up pointing it out, so you kind of feel like your visiting Granny on your best behaviour. For God's sake don't bang a door and forget any thoughts of a quickie whilst the kids are out at the shop!
Don't have them "pencil you in", for another visit, cos when you call to confirm and find out the dates are wrong, if they have your details from a previous visit they will charge your account with a "50% deposit", without informing you! Even if you had no confirmed reservation and called them five weeks before they had you " pencilled in"!!!!!
So sorry, however nice the sweetie jar looks, unless you like sour plooms, give it a miss.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
south tyneside
Reviewed August 3, 2009

i have stayed at this guest house a few times now - all the rooms are realy lovely - spotlessly clean many with beautiful views and lots of nice touches.The view from the dining room is amazing and you get a fab breakfast - most people go for the full english but i like the scrambled eggs and smoked salmon.Ralph and shiela seem to think of every little detail and really make everybody welcome . You can even get your washing done, and packed lunches. all the rooms have mini-fridge and hair dryer, I have stayed in a lot of hotels that are not as good ( and more expensive ). Location's good too as you can easily walk in to richmond,highly recomended

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple