Hartforth Hall Hotel
$150
$139
$128
$124
Premier Inn Catterick Garrison Hotel(Catterick)(Great Value!)
$68
Travelodge
$53
$45
Travelodge
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 19, 2013

A very friendly welcome and a pleasant stay in this lovely hotel. The room was huge, clean and tidy with good en-suite facilities. Tea and coffee was available in the room and in the lounge free of charge. The restaurant was beautifully decorated and the service was prompt and friendly. Even though there was a large party staying we were made to feel included and had the option of a special menu in addition to the usual a la carte selection. The evening meal was splendid.

We can thoroughly recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I had booked at the last minute, though I had visited the Place years ago. The grounds and garden areas are wonderful, as are the views. The hotel itself is like staying in a country house. The owners are reserved, rather formal- which I appreciated.I had been 'upgraded' to a larger double room ( not a term they would use) which was enormous. There were eccentricities, like a teddy bear in the bed, and the plumbing was a little erratic, but I liked the space, the views...and the silence after 11pm ( when I arrived back from dinner in Durham).I slept well in the commodious and comfortable bed. Some of the public rooms, the drawing room for example, are very gracious.
Breakfast was a help yourself affair, adequate and hot, though served in a rather naff room at the back, with a very narrow entrance.Staff helpful, polite, and informative. If you want brash modernity, go elsewhere...if you want a civilised, rather old fashioned place with the feel of staying in a private house, then come.I enjoyed my brief stay, and will come again in due course...

Room Tip: Be very careful re-entering the A66...nasty junction to the village...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We recently enjoyed a three night stay in this beautiful Hall, the owners Anne and David made us very welcome and the stall were all friendly and helpful. The whole ambience and character of the hotel made our stay (to celebrate a friend's 80th birthday) a very special occasion. All the main reception rooms and bedrooms are full of character with many period features and the Wedgwood dining room particularly memorable. We look forward to making a return visit to explore the wonderful countryside.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have stayed at Hartforth Hotel many times & obviously that speaks volumes. Usually I stay here for the absolute tranquillity of the place, set in exquisite surroundings. However; my most recent visit was to celebrate my fathers 80th birthday, bringing together family and friends from all over the world: Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore . We had an absolutely tremendous time & this was made possible by the wonderful hospitality of Ann & David the owners of the hotel. We took over the hotel for 3 days & were all made to feel very much at home. This was a most memorable & fantastic occasion.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2013

stayed at this so called hotel what a dirty sruffy place this is.Wanted an early breakfast and was told chef not available that early and that some milk would be left in breakfast room for me.Next morning went for breackfast milk was off poped my head into kitchen what a dirty place bins overflowing just glad i hadent eaten there.on my way out saw the chef what a scruffy person his clothes could have done with a good wash will never go there again and i wouldnt if i was you

Room Tip: room was dirty and musty smelling
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo