“historic castle memorably sited”
Review of Richmond Castle

Richmond Castle
Ranked #2 of 24 things to do in Richmond
Virginia
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“historic castle memorably sited”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Richmond Castle provides a good glimpse of medieval life, and helps the visitor to understand medieval England and Norman architecture.

Visited August 2012

Fort Lewis, Washington
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“It was a sunny, beautiful day.”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I was visiting some friends and decided to go for a walk and found this little gem of history. I absolutely fell in love with it. I walked back to the town, grabbed a coffee and headed back to the castle, explored for about an hour, went to the gift shop where I purchased a little book on the history and made my way to the lawn, sat there in the midst of the greatness and soaked up the sun. it was quite pleasent (my visit was in 2009

Visited February 2012
Cambridge, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Great views from the upper areas and lots of good camera opportunities. Conveniently close to town centre and good value

Visited November 2012
Scarborough, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fascinating !”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Well worth a visit, crowning as it does this lovely old town. Hugely impressive tower and fortifications, dating back as far as any other castle in the country, and an informative guide-book. The attendants were thoroughly helpful, too, stretching a point by allowing my wife to rush up the tower for the view very much at the eleventh hour before closing time. She assured me the view was well worth it !

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Frank190744
Leeds
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Richmond Castle - Worth a visit for the views alone”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We visited Richmond Castle yesterday. The staff in the shop were helpful and informative. We enjoyed climbing up to the top of the tower and were rewarded with magnificent views. The exhibition showing the history of the castle was really informative and pitched at the right level for children.

The grounds with the ruins are attractive and in summer would be nice to sit out in. I will return to the shop to take out English Heritage membership as we now have the bug to visit the other sites. There are some lovely gifts such as Sloe gin, Ginger liqueur and Elderberry and Port liqueur which I will buy for christmas presents.

I would recommend a visit - my 11 year old son enjoyed exploring all the nooks and crannies.

Visited October 2012