“A very pleasant evening”
Review of The New Inn

The New Inn
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The New Inn is a traditional country pub serving great food and real ale. The pub was refurbished and reopened in January 2013. It is a freehold pub, family owned and family friendly, just 3 miles west of Northallerton.The restaurant, to the rear of the pub, seats 40 and can be booked for private parties. The lounge and bar area is ideal for eating and/or drinking with 2 fires, including a traditional wood burner.All food is sourced from local suppliers wherever possible and is homemade by the landlord and chef, Carl Tinkler. The pub frequently serves cask ale from Northallerton’s local Walls County Town brewery in addition to cask ales from the popular Black Sheep brewery at Masham.
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Went here Friday night for a drink, staff were friendly, pub clean and welcoming. Ate here Saturday night, again very welcoming. Food was delicious, I had rib eye steak, home made chips and salad. All was freshly prepared and beautifully presented. Value for money. We were visiting friends up here and were very impressed, highly recommend a visit.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We had been recommended to have a meal at The New Inn on more than one occasion, so this week we went and ok it was worth the visit! Superb quality, good friendly service and make sure your hungry because wow you get plenty to eat. If you like big portions this is the place for you. If I had known before I would have probably only ordered a main course, if you go for lunch a starter might be enough. The house wine was of an excellent standard at the price. Well done Carl we will be back.

1  Thank J M S
Reviewed February 27, 2014

A birthday celebration turned into a dismal day thanks to the poor food and service we experienced at the New Inn on Sunday 23rd February. Despite enquiring in advance regarding vegetarian options and receiving assurances that if there was nothing suitable on the Sunday lunch menu my friend could choose from the main menu, this turned out not to be the case - it was too much trouble to cook haddock from the main menu for my vegetarian friend. My other friend and I chose roast beef which was tough and made even harder to cut by the veins of fat. The yorkshire puddings were also soggy in the middle. I left most of my meat, although my friend persevered with hers not wishing to make a scene and spoil the occasion. When the plates were collected I remarked upon the toughness of the meat, whereupon we were ignored for the next 45 minutes. No apology was offered. Sadly I have eaten at the New Inn on 3 previous occasions where the food and service was extremely good, but the experience of last Sunday would deter me from ever returning.

9  Thank lindsey h
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Awful food and appalling service. Food like it is from the 80's. Huge plate full but very badly cooked and everything swimming in sauce or gravy. Worst meal I have had in a long long time.

4  Thank Steinbeckk
Reviewed February 14, 2014

What a great meal we had food fantastic as always and great value for money, the atmosphere was brilliant and the staff were great also can't fault any of it.... Looking forward to going back