“Lovely B&B”
Review of Victoria House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Northallerton
Victoria House
Ranked #17 of 24 Northallerton B&B and Inns
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely B&B”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed in this Bed & Breakfast from Christmas Eve to Boxing Day whilst we were visiting family in the area and it was excellent. The room was very comfortable and was decorated to a very high standard with an en suit of the same standard and the place felt like a home from home. The owners were more than welcoming and catered for our every need even to the point of supplying us with some wrapping paper as we had forgotten ours. I have been to other places in Northallerton but this was by far the best and we have already booked again for a few dates in the summer.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My family and i came upon Victoria house this Christmas while visiting family in the area.
The rooms were beautifully decorated and in pristine condition it felt like I was still in the comfort of my own home with the same high standards I have. The service from the owners was brilliant and they made us feel totally welcome in every way. The breakfast was excellent also with many things to choose and nothing was too much trouble. I have never experienced such amazing service and would recommend it highly and would have no problem booking again for next Christmas.

Room Tip: All rooms are to a high standard
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Me & my partner stayed over christmas as we was visiting friends. We was made to feel welcome and the room was outstanding. We stayed for 4 nights the rooms were cleaned and towels changed. Breakfast was great. Nothing was to much trouble. We will be returning.
Thank you.

• Stayed December 2012
Cockermouth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a lovely house located very close to the town centre. The house is very warm and welcoming and filled with interesting things. The complete opposite of the chain hotel? The hosts couldn't do enough for me and the breakfast was lovely.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2012

This B&B was great, my secretary booked it as it was close to the amenities and to the appointment I was attending. The owners have taken great time and thought in designing this b&b and it shows. It is a shame that more b&bs don't do the same. I will certainly be revisiting. Thank you for your hospitality. Mick march 2011

• Stayed February 2012
Milton Keynes
Reviewed November 9, 2010

I often travel for work (and will be adding other reviews of places I stay from now on) and was initially disappointed to find my self booked into a B&B rather than one of the national chains - How wrong i was to have such opinions.

What a wonderful place - Certainly a hidden gem! Furnished to an extremely high standard (certainly worth a lot more than then price paid for my stay! £60 per night!) Extremely comfortable bed with high quality spotless linen which lead to a great nights sleep. I stayed ion the silver room at the front of the house and despite overlooking the busy road serving the town there was little or no noticeable traffic noise. In fact the rest of the property, despite being full, was very quiet.

The en suite was furnished to a very high standard and was scrupulously clean. Soaps, shower gels, shampoos etc were provided and once again were to a very high standard. None of your sachets that contain only a dribble of indeterminate liquid! Towels were fluffy and massive! Tea and coffee facilities were provided in the room, again of a high quality, bottled water to drink. There was a DVD and digital TV in the room also and the owners would happily lend a DVD of their own if you wanted to borrow on! I also had no trouble connecting my lap top to their internet server. This service was also free!

Breakfast was superb - nothing was to much trouble. Toast, Tea/coffee, cereals and fresh juice to start followed by cooked breakfast. I asked for and received porridge and a poached egg with my breakfast. The bacon, eggs and sausage were all well cooked and sourced locally. The quality was apparent. The service by the owner was first class.

The B&B is located very close to the station and main road links, you can park for free outside it is a very short walk to the town centre. The owners were helpful and talkative and more than happy to recommend local hostelries for food and refreshment!

I was greeted on arrival and treated as a friend visiting their home rather than a guest. I was asked to fill in a booking in form and then talked with and had a cup of tea with the owners.

All in all I would recommend this B&B to others in a flash. I intend to return with my wife for a weekend in the North Yorkshire Dales/Moors and would not consider staying anywhere else. If you get a chance stay here!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank MKNR
UK
Reviewed October 29, 2010

We stayed at this delightful B&B last week and was really suprised on how modern this little gem was - which is a rarity in this part of the world!!
Parking is easy right outside the hotel and they use a voucher system (which they supply free of charge) as it residents only. Location wise its right off the high street and in near reach of the Railway Station!
Received a warm welcome from the owners (they were very helpful indeed) and loved our room with no chintz to be seen. it was modern with a great bathroom and super comfy bed - a lot of thought had gone into this B&B with great toiletries on offer. Breakfast was excellent with most of the ingredients locally sourced.
We do a lot of travelling and stay at high end hotels and the service and atmosphere of this great B&B was top draw!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple