“Camping Party”
Review of Swan House

Swan House
Ranked #8 of 23 Northallerton B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I recently attended a party at Swan House and camped on the grounds. The landlady was warm and welcoming, as were the other staff. The bar and lounge area is cosy and inviting. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay and breakfast was fab. Would definitely reccommend staying here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Swan House

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My family and some friends stayed here to have a 'get together'. We booked all 5 rooms and every one of them were very warm and comfortable, decorated and furnished to a very high standard, and extreemly clean. Christine is a perfectionist and this is reflected in everything about Swan House, and she can't do enough to make her guests welcome. The beer garden is a lovely place to sit in and the grounds are beautifuly kept. Members of my family brought there caravan and were very impressed by the shower and toilet facilities, which are, again, finished to a very high standard and clean.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Stayed in Swan House while walking the Coast to Coast in September 2012. Chalets are clean, lovely, comfortable, self contained with very nice shower and heater if you need it. From my initial e-mail to Christine/John, to pickup/drop off on route usually BP garage (in my case Bluebell Inn by prior arrangement) very friendly welcome from our host Christine, usual standard cooked breakfast but had a really nice packed lunch once Christine had dropped a few of us off back on route. I am hoping to stop there again when I come back to do Roseberry Topping next year and can recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 29, 2012

My daughter and I stay regularly when in the North East. I have brought friends along to stay before and 'we' have booked all but one room on this weekends visit. My favourite BnB, I just worry that great reviews will leave us without a room on our next visit!!
Tony

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We have just completed the C2C walk as a family of four and this was a lovely place to stay. Christine picked us up very promptly from the petrol station on A19 and drove us to Swan House. She welcomed us and helped me sort out our washing. She then offered to dry out washing and gave my daughter a heater for her room for her wet boots and a clothes horse. All this was very helpful and over and above the service we were used to receiving. We had a meal and a very pleasant evening in the brand new eating area before retiring to our extremely comfortable rooms. The chalets were spotlessly clean and equipped to hotel standard including chocolate and fluffy bathrobes. Nothing was too much trouble for Christine and we left after a lovely breakfast and with a packed lunch. They should re-route the C2C to go past Swan House so more people can enjoy their excellent hospitality!

Room Tip: Both our chalets were very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Myself and a friend did the Walney to Whitby bike ride in a cold week in early May this year, and stayed a night in one of the chalets. We were freezing and found the room lovely and cosy, the shower was great, and our bikes were safely stowed away for the night by John. We had a tasty evening meal courtesy of Christine, and a good breakfast (including porridge!) the following morning. Very good nights sleep as well, no noise from the road at all. I would definitely recommend this B&B to anybody doing the route we did.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights on the coast to coast walk. Arrived with my feet in agony, if it hadn't been for the great way i was looked after here i might have struggled to go on. Hosts, food and room were perfect. All the other glowing reviews are well deserved.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northallerton
Golden Lion Hotel
Crathorne Hall Hotel
Crathorne Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Crathorne
Chapters Hotel and Restaurant

Been to Swan House? Share your experiences!