“Comfortable cottage in gorgeous rural setting”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 12 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Roving728...
“Comfortable cottage in gorgeous rural setting”
Reviewed August 26, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

The cottage is near the market town of Northallerton which convenient for shopping/dinning but is in a lovely rural setting. It is ideally suited for excrusions to the North Yorkshire Moors and Dales. The cottage has been recently refurbished and very comfortable for a holiday stay. The owners Jane and Kev are pleasant and helpful hosts.

Date of stay: August 2017
Aug 28, 2017
Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review.
Many thanks for booking your holiday with us all the way from Bermuda and being such lovely guests.
Hope to see you again in the future
Jane
Amanda H
North East England, United Kingdom
“Perfect location, beautiful views, gorgeous cottage”
Reviewed August 20, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

We had a wonderful stay in this beautiful little cottage with amazing views. The cottage is beautifully furnished and the owners are very friendly, welcoming & helpful. The location is perfect with easy access to countryside, seaside and the moors. Just perfect.

Date of stay: August 2017
Aug 21, 2017
Thank you for your lovely review guys. Glad you had fun.
Come stay again soon.
Jane X
JennyT174
Reading, United Kingdom
“Home from home cottages - very pet friendly”
Reviewed August 11, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

We have been staying at Hill House Farm for many years, with the cottages recently undergoing a refurbishment with new management. You can tell that the new owners, Jane and Kev really care, and, to be honest, they make you really feel at home. They have done an excellent job and have really concentrated on every little detail. The new beds are SO comfortable, and the cottages are always clean and spacious. We can tell that they want to do more to the cottages as they really are committed, but they suit us as they are;-) Perfect for pets. We take our boxer every time, and there is a lovely large safe/enclosed field next to the cottages for her to run & play in. They really looked after us on our visit - we cooked a roast dinner on the Sunday for the family and they provided extra chairs. Nothing was a problem. Jane was wonderful, as I had accidently left my necklace, and she posted it back to me. Thankyou so much for making us feel at home and you know we will be back.

Date of stay: May 2017
Aug 15, 2017
Thank you so much Jenny for your lovely review. It really means a lot to us.
Thank you for being such lovely guests and can't wait to see you all again soon.
Jane X
JamesClar...
London
“It's all in the detail...”
Reviewed August 6, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

I stayed here with my daughters at the end of July and we had a fabulous time. Cherry cottage is lovely. It's spacious and comfortable. I believe it's been recently refurbished and this has been completed to an excellent standard. It retains the quaint old barn beams, but definitely feels very contemporary inside.

What really stood out to me, was the attention to detail the owners have bestowed on this and the other cottages next to it. There was milk and a large bottle of Corona in the fridge. There was a brand new Paddington DVD and a mini-games set under the coffee table (My youngest and I played chess on the table outside in the beautiful courtyard). There was a new hairdryer in the large main bedroom's wardrobe and colouring books and pencils for the kids. It honestly seemed that when I needed something...I could open a drawer or a cupboard and it would be there.

And, the WIFI worked really well...

Cherry cottage boasts outstanding views of the countryside, and it's very quiet and peaceful. If you want to really getaway from the stresses and pressures of life, you'd struggle to find a better location. I thought the owners were superb...
I'd definitely stay again.

Date of stay: July 2017
Your age range 35-49
Aug 7, 2017
Hi James
Thank you so very much for your lovely review of Cherry Cottage.
I'm so glad you and your daughters had such a lovely holiday. It was a pleasure to have you all to stay.
We'd love to have you revisit the next time you're catching up with your family.
Many thanks again and best wishes,
Jane
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing