“An oasis in the desert of hotels”

Allerton Court Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Northallerton
Ayr, United Kingdom
“An oasis in the desert of hotels”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

This is now my second stay at the Allerton Court Hotel. My first visit was excellent and I was equally satisfied on my second visit. From the friendly reception at check in to the quality of the room and food. All in all an excellent stay. The food choice and quality are excellent. The comfort and appearance of the room was first class. An all round well done and thank you to all at the Allerton Court Hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank DANIEL D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Read the reviews before booking and had high expectations. Check in was fast and efficient, staff pleasant. Was given room 28 on the 1st floor, word of advice try to avoid rooms 27,28 and 29 as there is a busy railway line quite near and the trains start to run at around 5.10 am, they are quite noisy. The bed was excellent, large and very comfy. The bathroom was a blast from the past, shocking pink suite, pale pink tiles and brown and beige floor tiles. Tried to have shower but could not get any hot water, I reported this to reception and was advised to let the water run longer. It took the time to boil the kettle and brew up before the water was hot enough to shower in.
Breakfast was very greasy and served by a middle aged Thai lady with very limited grasp of English,
Spoke to the morning receptionist the next day, she advised me to request a ground floor room at the back of the complex where it is quiet if i was to stay again.
Room cost £80 but was probably worth about £50, My colleague had a ground floor room and he had no issues at all, luck of the draw

Room Tip: Request ground floor room at rear of complex, away from railway noise
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank ChrisanLez
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This was for work, so cannot comment too much on the surrounding area but Northallerton looked a very well kept town. The staff were very nice and as a lone female, very helpful. I had a meal in the evening and I have to say the home made coleslaw was out of this world! The room was very well furnished, clean and well maintained. Bathroom was elegant and nice and warm. I had an excellent night's sleep on a huge bed! The breakfast was served by a very cheery young lady who was polite, quick and had a fab smile. She was doing a stunning job with quite a few customers and every one had their cooked breakfast very quick. Excellent breakfast. The Managers are lovely people who like a quick chat but don't overdo it. I was very impressed all round. I intend to go back and see some of North Yorkshire and I will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Melanie W
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Main reason for the trip was a day at nearby Catterick Races.Found the hotel easily,staff friendly and helpful.Room clean and functional.TV with plenty of Freeview channels.Meals in the evening very good and fairly priced.Booked for three nights,but on morning of day three got hit with a flu virus,realised it was time to get home before getting worse.Fully expected to pay full bill,but staff very kindly waived the last days amount.Would stay again,plan to pick a race day at Ripon or Thirsk next summer, and would recommend without hesitation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Redbourn, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I just had to write a review, mainly to share the excellent all round experience of staying here but also to counter the review below of Curly0612 which was so far from our experience that it could have been a different hotel! From checking in to checking out everything was first class and much the envy of some so called better hotels we have stayed in. Our room (number 3 on the ground floor) was impeccably clean and tidy, the bathroom spotless and this was as we found it every afternoon of our stay. Very quiet too. The food both breakfast and dinner was hot tasty and varied and the hot breakfast was not a buffet help your self as suggested in the other review. The bar area was clean and comfortable with a combination of sofas and table and chairs and the restaurant too was clean and comfortable. The best is left to the last.....the staff were brilliant! Nothing was too much trouble and everything was done with a smile. I hope the manager reads this as the staff really do need congratulating on their service and they really did make our short stay enjoyable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alan R
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We were on our way to catch a ferry from Scotland and got caught up in the awful floods on 25th September, after trying a few alternative routes we gave up and decided to book into a hotel for the night, we were extremely lucky to find this wonderful friendly hotel. From checking in to checking out nothing was too much trouble for the mangement and staff of this modern hotel. Would say to anyone travelling or living in this area call in to this hotel for dinner wonderful choice and wonderful food. We wish to thank all the staff for making our nightmare into a dream. Thanks.

Room Tip: we were in room 2 on the ground floor very handy for bar and restaurant.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank IrisK123
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2012

It was a last minute booking with Allerton Court, but I now wish I had gone elsewhere. The exterior and car park are well kept, but once I had entered the Receptionist was not very polite. I promptly got my key and went up to the room. There was a funny smell when I entered the room but thought nothing of it. However upon unpacking, taking a bath etc. I found red wine stains on the carpet, stains on the chairs, curtains etc. marks on the wall paper and valance sheet on the bed. There was a very poor selection of toiletries and the bathroom suite looked like something from the seventies. There were other peoples hairs in the bathroom and the towels were marked.
I thought that the bed may be the saving grace. I was wrong. I may have well have slept on the floor, the bed was extremely hard and uncomfortable.
After hours of tossing and turning I got up and went for the breakfast. Could this save my stay being totally tarnished? Once again, no. The breakfast room had an awkward silence, no one greeted me and the cooked breakfast was a help yourself buffet. Now there is nothing wrong with this, providing the food hasn't been under a heat lamp too long and dried out to within an inch of it's life. I had a minimal amount of the sorry offerings, collected my belongings and checked out.
It made me laugh that in the reception area there was a TripAdvisor certificate which declared they had received 4.5 stars out of 5. How?
The only positives I can give regarding this establishment was that there was a decent sized bath and spacious car park.
What grieved me the most was that for all this I paid £70. Much to be improved here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northallerton
Golden Lion Hotel
#1 of 1 in Staddlebridge
BEST WESTERN PLUS The Croft Hotel
The Angel at Topcliffe Hotel
White Horse Lodge Hotel

Been to Allerton Court Hotel? Share your experiences!