“Work in Progress”

The White Rose Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Leeming Bar
“Work in Progress”
Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Stayed on 11th Sept, have to say the 2 lads who were front of house couldn't do enough and the food I had for an evening meal was very reasonable, that's the positives but the rooms, oh the rooms, woodchip advacado bathroom suite, stained bathroom carpet, kettle with no where safe to plug it in, paper thin walls, decor that seemed to have been purchased from the set of a seventies sit com all left a lot to be desired. I had the continental breakfast, if that's what you call air dried slices of thick sliced sunblest bread (sorry on a 70s roll) very suspect looking jam and geyser delivered tea.

As I I say work in progress.........I hope

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Catterick Garrison
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I recently took a party of 20 people to this Hotel for Sunday Lunch.My Wife And Daughter are both Vegetarian.When paying for my meals there was a bit of a miss-understanding when ordering there vegetarian meals,of which I accept some part of this confusion.However after getting into a heated disagreement with a young member of Staff,the way she spoke to me was totally unacceptable.I am 55 with 3 Children & 4 Grand Children.her tone to me and also i might say in front of the assistant Manager was quite disgusting And i certainly was not accepting this,I was told that she was not well.In the people business if that was the case she should have been sent home,as a group we go out on a regular basis.Will we go back NO.I also felt the apology by the Manager could have been better. Apology from member of staff did not happen,Also a statement from my Daughter there is no way she would have spoke to me like that,And this should not have been done by anyone else

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Alan C

Travelers are raving about these Leeming Bar hotels

North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Was attending a family event nearby. Having previously stayed at the Holiday Inn at Scotch Corner (amazing!) found it a little too far out, so booked the White Rose through Expedia. Photos on expedia looked good but reality was quite different. The rooms are tired looking. Our bathroom had mildew which gave the whole room a bit of a damp smell. Decor is grim as is the view from the window - 2 huge concrete penises could be seen in the train yard which was amusing. Breakfast was very basic. We opted for the 'continental' which was all do it yourself - a toaster, basic jams and a bit of fruit. Did the job but not a patch on holiday inn which was cheaper.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank RobbyJBridlington
Wigan, UK
Reviewed July 31, 2012

The hotel appeared very nice from the outside and if I was paying for a budget room it would have been just about OK. For £55 for a single room for the B&B it was massively overpriced. The curtain was falling off the window in the bedroom, there wasn't a curtain in the bathroom. It was supposed to have wifi but this didn't work with my smartphone. There was no bedside table or light instead there was a pull switch that turned off the room light. The mattress was not that comfortable either - next time I'll get a Travelodge or Premier Inn.

As I say if I was paying a budget price of £25 it would have been what I expected but at £55 I would never stay there again.

Oh also the chef did not seem to know the difference between raw and cooked - mainly raw chips on the evening meal and most raw poached egg at breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank shes45
north yorkshire
Reviewed July 1, 2012

at a cost of £8.50 todays lunch was only just average.there was beef,turkey or gammon with the usual vegetables of which the roast potatoes,roast parsnips/carrots were overcooked and tough,the cauliflower cheese was only just cooked,yorkshire puddings were dry and overcooked the rest on offer was very "ordinary", not what we would expect for the price.the beef was tasty but cut so thinly we had to put the slices together to get the taste through! all in all a very disappointing experience!!not likely to return!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bardel
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2012

The new owners have only been in two weeks, and are in the process of updating. The food and entertainment were excellent, I had Duck with a spicy sauce which was fantastic. Dad's 92 and he even got up to dance. Close to the A1 easy access to the area. Very friendly and helpful staff, the breakfast sets you up for the day. Will be going again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Nantwich
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Handy for the A1, we booked a single and double room here.

If you enjoy "Life on Mars" and the 70's, you might enjoy the green or blue toilets, but our rooms had clearly seen better days. I hope the stains on the toilet seats were bleach? In our rooms we had a chipped light shade, missing bulb, curtains repaired with elastic bands, toilet brush just propped against the wall and floor stuck together with tape etc.. Walls were thin, so we could "enjoy" the singing in the bar in our beds. However the WiFi and telly both worked fine.

Breakfast was basic (on the second morning we decided to go elsewhere) and the inverted glasses were slightly stuck to the table! I didn't expect this

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
#2 of 5 in Ripon
The Ripon Spa Hotel
The Ripon Spa Hotel
#4 of 5 in Ripon

Been to The White Rose Hotel? Share your experiences!