“Try the lamb dish”

Got a photo?
Add it.
The White Rose Hotel
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I recommend the lamb dish, but the chef serves up very good food, whatever you choose! The bar has a good atmosphere too.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

We ordered starters of Yorkshire puddings and carrot and parsnip soup. Could have just had free yorkshires with the carvery as were exactly the same, only cost (£3.95).We all tried the soup, it was awful far too much pepper.

Youngest kids had carvery first while we had starters and was spot on.Be time we got ours it was another joint of beef which wasn't cooked properly, and we struggled to cut it up.The roasted veg weren't cooked properly and the roast potatoes were hard. They had obviously been rushed out, and were of sub standard quality.

Then we got to puddings. Out of a choice of 6 brownies and choc fudge cake were unavailable. So we ordered banoffee, of which there was not enough slices available, and was obviously bought in. Not good for £4.50 a slice.

Was an awful experience. Saw no management, and got no appologie off them for our experience.

1  Thank peacock08
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

In the past this pub has done lovely good, however, it has really gone down hill! The Sunday carvery always seems to be dry as though it was cooked hours before! The staff always seem to be giggling at the customer and found it amusing bring the wrong order for my wife, twice! They also brought meals out at different times (15 mins in between). I really would recommended steering away from this place.

Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I retuned for the carvery having been to this place many times before. On this visit the food was awfull there were 5 of us eating and we all agreed the quality of cooking has changed its now awfull. The beef was dripping blood the pork was very fatty in my opinion a very cheep cut joint. The veg was raw not al- denti I had 1 large yorkshire which shattered as it was well over cooked. We sat in the lounge near the entrance and it was freezing, when the door opened to let folk in or out thr draught was icy and very cold a bad place to sit eating bad food. The place has really gone down hill since the change of chef. We will not be going back.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

We visited for Sunday lunch as we like a carvery and thought we would try it.
We got given a table and went up for food. The chef gave us a plate and asked what meat we wanted. I picked Turkey but my husband asked for a bit of pork and a bit of beef and got told he could only have 1 meat. We then carried on and he dished the veg up for us, Again we asked for a little more and he said erm... im not meant to give too much but ok! We then got given 1 small Yorkshire pudding, I asked for another and he said no only 1 Yorkshire pudding! Defeats the object of a carvery really.

We sat down with our small plates and started to eat, The meat was ok but the vegetables were raw and not cooked very well. We didn't get any table check at all, My daughter asked if she could go get some more carrots and was told no that you can only go up once for food.

Overall it was overpriced and not very nice and we wont be going back