“Lunch”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Pulborough, United Kingdom
“Lunch”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I have visited this pub on a few occasions over the last few years and always enjoyed both the beer and food. The village of lastingham is a quint essential English village and a lovely place for walks. The pub is a traditional pub but unlike others has maintained a good balance between serving food and being a local pub.

On this occasion we went for lunch, I had the mushroom and sage soup with a bread roll. It was quite a insipid tasteless soup with only a tinge of mushroom taste. Not much more I can add apart from at least the roll was tasty.

My fellow diners did enjoy their meal, especially the fish and chips and the women fawned over the complementary sweets they were given.

The staff were friendly and welcoming and the atmosphere was good.

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Food very dissapointing!”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Called as passing through but unfortunately food was very disappointing. Ordered roast beef. Beef was dry, two frozen roast potatoes, frozen Yorkshire pudding, boiled potatoes were rubbery, can only think they were last evenings warm up. My friend has steak pie which was ruined by frozen chips. Why oh why! There is no excuse. At over £10 per head this was a very very disappointing lunch.

broken bridge
“Mixed feelings !!!!!”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We were recommended this pub by a local and we made two visits , the first visit we had a few drinks and decided to have something to eat , my friends had garlic mushrooms and the pork dinner , my partner also had garlic mushrooms and chips on the side , I had lamb and mint pie , it was nice tasting but it didn't taste fresh but it was late at night , the chips were a big let down ,cheap and frozen but some people may like them,we were given the bill and they had charged us for 4pints instead of 4halves , simple mistake !

We called two nights later my friends had steak and they enjoyed it my partner and myself had the pork dinner , it was terrible cheap frozen roast potatoes frozen Yorkshire pudding and old curled up pork , I don't know what had gone wrong from the previous night but it was totally different , plus the bill was wrong again .

The pub it's self is in a beautiful village across from the old Saxon church with a crypt plus the pub is very quirky with a fantastic fire range if you can get near it !!!!!

1 Thank Sula_9
Bentley, England, United Kingdom
“a lovely pub and B&B”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

we only called in for a drink as we were staying else where but what a find it turned out to be its a really welcoming pub and is very quirky with a real open fire whilst we were having our drink we learnt that it was also a B&B and they had some images on display via a digital screen on the fire place which looked lovely they also have four poster beds at not extra cost we also looked at the menu which had a good variety of foods as well as the specials board we have now placed this place on our places to stay list and will be looking at booking later this year.

Visited March 2014
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Good Food”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We ate here after a recommendation by the landlady of the B&B we where staying in, nice pub, great food and reasonable price.