“Lovely friendly staff, warm and comfortable atmosphere.”
Review of Newton House

Newton House
Ranked #4 of 15 Knaresborough B&B and Inns
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Lovely friendly staff, warm and comfortable atmosphere.”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed there for one night with my teenage son who agreed with me about the warm and comfortable atmosphere at Newton House. The beds were extremely comfortable and the baked Apricots in lime and lemongrass, home made granola and Greek yogurt were superb. The cooked breakfast was also very tasty. Lovely friendly staff. Very relaxing break.

1 Thank Jo B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
London
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Fantastic quality place to stay, Quality of the room was second to none (beds are more than big enough for two...unless you are a giraffe or an elephant and they do have some super king-sized rooms). Service was excellent, we turned up very late due to traffic problems and the owner waited up and was very cheerful with us (if a little sleepy).
The breakfast was excellent, trays of Aga baked fruit, cereals, yoghurt, fresh fruit and every variety of cooked breakfast from full english to omelettes to salmon with scrambled eggs.
Can't recommend enough.

1 Thank SteveH0
newtonhouse, Owner at Newton House, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Thanks so much for your positive review. Apologies for being 'sleepy' but it was very late, and it had been a long day! We have just heard that we have been shortlisted for the 'Deliciously Yorkshire B&B Breakfast Award', and are waiting for a visit by the 'mystery diner'. Let's hope they think our breakfasts are excellent as well.
St Helens, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Myself, my husband and our 9 year old son stayed at the Newton House Hotel en-route home from the East coast.. what a lovely hotel.. the family room set in the old stable block was beautiful.. breakfast was delicious, with a wide range of delicious home-made foods available....We would have loved to stay longer.. thankyou..

1 Thank Linda S
newtonhouse, Owner at Newton House, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
So pleased you enjoyed your stay at Newton House, and do hope you'll visit us again.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I booked Newton House for my parents to stay at while visiting and their feedback was that this bed and breakfast which offers good value for money, a friendly service, very comfortable room and great breakfasts. A good spot to explore Yorkshire from, would definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank helenmountford
Colwyn bay
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This will be our 3rd visit to Newton House. The rooms are extremely comfortable and spotless.
The breakfasts are to die for, best "full English" (I am Welsh !) we have ever tasted. All the produce is locally sourced. If you want a welcoming and comfortable place to stay, with the most delicious breakfast, you know where to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cled D
newtonhouse, Owner at Newton House, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Thanks so much for your review, and delighted you enjoyed your 3rd stay at Newton House.

We have just heard we've been shortlisted for the 'Deliciously Yorkshire Best B&B Breakfast Award' and are waiting for the visit by their 'mystery diner'. I have been a great supporter of small, local producers - going right back to the 1970s (gosh, 40years!) when I worked on the 'Taste of England' campaign at The English Tourist Board, and then on 'RAC Food Routes' with Henrietta Green. Let's hope Deliciously Yorkshire enjoy our breakfasts as much as you did.
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Having stayed at the Newton House on several occasions I did so again on the 2/3.8.13 and once again it proved to be superb. Denise was her entertaining self and continuing to promote old fashioned standards. All the multitude of staff are excellent and helpful. I was very surprised when drinking in the village that all the locals knew she served the best breakfast in the town and probably Yorkshire and in fact the hotel was locally regarded as the best. Trip Advisor it is bad judgement on your part to even include such a malicious and misleading comment and whilst you may feel you are obliged to, you must surely be allowed some common sense and at least check the circumstances. Regards Stephen Hayes

Room Tip: I stayed in the large best room No1 at £115. There are smaller and cheaper rooms I travelled on to D...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stephen H
newtonhouse, Owner at Newton House, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Thank you for your review and appreciative comments which mean a lot. Especially after the Taidentity review with the rating of ‘1’ from people who never stayed at Newton House. I have personally complained to TripAdvisor several times now and they will not take the review off the site, even though it is misleading, malicious and untrue. And very hurtful to be called ‘sneaky and unethical’ when I have done nothing that is not normal, accepted practice in the UK. When I expressed my concerns about our Ranking, I was told by a TripAdvisor representative that, because we had so many good reviews, and because of the way their algorythms work, this particular review would not affect our Ranking. Sadly, I was given misinformation and our ranking has now slipped from no2, to no3. I am very upset by this as I feel I am being victimised not just by Taidentity, but also by TripAdvisor themselves. A great shame as I have always been a supporter of their website. I hope TripAdvisor will read this response and reconsider their decision. Taidentity booked through Booking.com – and are not eligible to place a review on their website as they did not stay at Newton House. TripAdvisor should follow Booking.com’s lead.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have stayed at Newton House recently on a business trip and found it to be of the very highest standard.
Denise and her staff were very welcoming and the room was of a good size and very clean.
The breakfast menu offered an excellent choice of food and it was cooked and presented to a high standard.
I would recommend Newton House to anybody visiting the area and I will most certainly be staying there any time I am visiting the area.
Overall a first class experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Knaresborough
Best Western Dower House Hotel & Spa
Ascot House Hotel Harrogate
Crowne Plaza Harrogate
Crowne Plaza Harrogate
#11 of 30 in Harrogate

Been to Newton House? Share your experiences!