“Gorgeous food in a lovely setting”
Review of Becket's Restaurant & Grill - CLOSED

Becket's Restaurant & Grill
Cuisines: American, European, British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Becket's is a contemporary restaurant situated in the heart of the historic market town of Knaresborough in North Yorkshire.Offering an eclectic and varied menu in relaxed surroundings, all of our dishes are freshly prepared to order, using only the best quality locally sourced produce.
Mansfield, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous food in a lovely setting”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We booked a table for two with no fuss, and were greeted well upon our arrival. The waiter offered drinks promptly and left a good amount of time for food selections. The starters were lovely (quail for her and fried Brie for me), but the main courses were absolutely fantastic. Lamb falling off the bone and a perfectly cooked steak, with lovely veg and chips. The only problem was that I was so full I had no room for pudding!

Would definately go again.

• Visited December 2013

“Perfect Saturday lunch”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We spent a day in Knaresbourough and decided to go for lunch to this restaurant. First the stuff was very welcoming and friendly second the food was amazing. We ordered food from 2 course set menu which was under a £10 and it exceeded our expectations. It was delicious, quite varied and very well presented. We can highly recommend this place.

• Visited December 2013
Harrogate, North Yorks
“Bit of advice!”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We love your restaurant! Your young head chef is a real talent! The service is always friendly and efficient and the menu is well planned and changes on a suitably frequent basis and we will return and we do recommend it to our friends. I do know that sometimes punters make unreasonable comments and are unfair on tripadvisor and should speak up in the restaurant if they have a problem. However sometimes people can be disappointed in a meal and if they do give a critical review I don't think the tone of some your responses does your restaurant justice. You can sound very defensive to the point of arrogance. The overwhelming majority of reviews are hugely positive and that speaks for itself. Most of us can tell a snotty review from a genuinely disappointed one and so perhaps why not let them speak for themselves as well!

• Visited November 2013
8 Thank tomwaits8
janmobile
“Lovely food, shame about the manager.”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

The stumbling block in this lovely old place is the owner/manager. Without doubt, he is unwelcoming and unpleasant. He doesn't deserve to be part of this lovely old place, or to have to faultless staff.

• Visited October 2013
9 Thank janmobile
Steve P, Owner at Becket's Restaurant & Grill, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
I really am unsure as how to respond to such a review.
Perhaps if you were a little more specific in your criticisms of the individual, and what me/he has done to upset you so much I might be able to give a response.
I do find it a little disconcerting however that this is the second time you have made derogatory comments about this person, so perhaps there is an ulterior motive I am unaware of!!
Knaresborough, United Kingdom
“Excellent Lunch Menu”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Went there with family and friends the day after mums funeral. Excellent 2 course lunch, brilliantly presented and all at a price that is a give away. Catering for my wifes dietary needs was not a problem and they didn't load the drinks prices like they do in some places. In fact, my wife and brother liked it so much they went back the following week when I was away.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank jezclapham
Thank you for your review.

I'm glad you enjoyed your lunch for both quality and value for money. We look forward to seeing much more of you in the future.