“Great experience”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We visited on Thursday last week and received a warm welcome. The food and service were excellent. My brother wanted a plate and knife and fork and these were brought with no fuss or comment. The food was excellent quality and arrived promptly despite the restaurant being almost full. Would recommend and will certainly go back. Lovely location too with views over the river as the name suggests. I'm sure it's lovely in the summer.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Visited the restaurant on a cold Wednesday evening, it had just opened however the welcome was warm and friendly. Food well presented and tasty, even had a lesson on the use of chopsticks, may have to return for more of the good food and another instalment on the use of chopsticks.
Have pleasure in recommending.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Freshly cooked and very tasty food. Pleasant surroundings and friendly staff. Reasonably priced too!

1  Thank smiggy15
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Visited this restaurant with my partner for what was at the time a date, it was mid week due to working commitments and the place was empty but ourselves, still the staff welcomed us in and chatted to us without forcing themselves on us (both myself and partner are very chatty people) drinks were brought to us straight away and the food took long enough to know it was fresh but not too long, and was superb.. the hostess who i believe was also the owner even spent time teaching me how to use chopsticks again (some years ago i had used them in china) and even gave me a set to take away with me since i managed to eat the entire meal with them.. much to my partners humor... the bill was very reasonable and we both left having had a great night feeling as if we had been very lucky to have the place entirely to ourselves.. certainly will be going back and im taking friends.. :)

Reviewed March 1, 2013

The venue gives a great impression as an individual building on the banks of the River Nidd with the dining area looking out over the river - nice. There's an adjacent huge car park; it's pay and display but cheap so not an issue.

It's exceptionally well managed with attentive staff. Sometimes a bit too attentive as, if you're not careful, your mains come within a few minutes of your starters being cleared so you're out in less than an hour and a half and that's the end of your evening. My tip is not to order mains until after you've finished your starters; that way you have a nice relaxing evening.