We've just returned from our second stay at Teardrop, we have been lucky enough to visit several bed & breakfasts this year and Teardrop will always be my favourite. I'm surprised by the last reviewers comments - but each to there own, theres just no pleasing some people!
Teardrop is a home from home in a beautiful location and the attention to detail is second to none. If you would like a base to visit Harrogate and York the train station is a stones throw away and is really handy.
We ate out in York this time as we had been sightseeing all day and then had a drink in Carriages which has a lovely atmosphere. We also had a drink in the Mitre which was very hot and busy.
If you like beautiful decor, special touches and lovely breakfasts with locally sourced produce you MUST visit Mike at Teardrop. Just a quick tip for you, the ground floor room is more spacious and can accomodate a z bed, upstairs the chocolate room is gorgeous with great views that overlook the River Nidd and the viaduct but the bathroom and loo is across the corridor (its very spacious in there though). The pink room has an en-suite wet room which again is very nicely done. Having stayed in both the ground floor room and the chocolate room I prefer the downstairs one.
We will be visiting again for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Teardrop cottage is set in the picturesque location of waterside, with magnificent views of the river, castle and Victorian stone viaduct. A short walk from the historic market town of Knaresborough, with its eclectic mix of restaurants,individual shops and fine old pubs, the nearby railway station provides quick and easy access to the towns of Harrogate and its international exhibition centre, York and Leeds, and borders the beautiful Yorkshire Dales, moors and the east coast....our aim is to give you a relaxing and memorable stay in our stunning and magical location. Our 4 rooms are comfortable and finished to a very high standard. Our breakfast menu offers delicious,freshly prepared and locally sourced food. We insist that you make yourself "at home". We hope to see you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Teardrop Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Teardrop Cottage Hotel Knaresborough
- Teardrop Cottage Knaresborough, Yorkshire