Rascals
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Located on Waterside overlooking the River Nidd, Rascals offers a wide range of home cooked snacks, cakes and meals using locally sourced produce and is open daily throughout the year. It is well laid out with tables both inside and on the terrace overlooking the river. They serve a wide range of high quality ice cream and their coffee is is quite superb, many locals say that it is the best in the area. Their prices are sensible and it's well worth a visit.
Reviewed July 14, 2012

An ex boyfriend of mine lived in Harrogate so we went to Knaresborough rather a lot for walks. I last visited Feb 2011 and it became my regular. I'd have a day out just to go to Rascals!

I'd have Chips, tea, and a caramel shortbread slice. I'm very picky with my food, and there were never any faults. The place is kept clean and I never had an issue with the staff, who were seemingly a nice family.

The only negatives is the amount of northerners with their pushchairs. It's a little cafe, don't bring a pushchair.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Rude staff, apparently taking their example from rude owners, and mediocre food served cold, ham was some supermarket value range and toasted sandwich filling was stingy to say least, chips greasy and soggy. Go elsewhere people.

3  Thank Benedict c
Reviewed February 25, 2012

See other comments re customer service but we have never had a problem every time we have visited. Friendly location. Good for a coffee & a snack.lightmeal.

Reviewed February 12, 2012

poor food and service there are better on the river

Reviewed January 2, 2012

I am a fairly regular visitor to Rascals and I am writing this latest review to report on the range of innovative home-made soups that they have introduced for the Winter season to compliment their extensive meals and snacks menu.

There is a range of some ten soups, each reflecting the availability of the locally sourced ingredients, all priced at £3.00 including a bread roll. The helpings are large, served piping hot and are virtually a meal in themselves. My favourite has got to be the Crab and Sweetcorn, but I can recommend all in the range. John "the soup" is a genius with his careful and knowledgeable mix of flavours.

So, if you are in Knaresborough get your self down to Rascals on Waterside and enjoy John's super soups ........ and don't forget to have a coffee, it's got to be the best in the area.

1  Thank Dugb