“not worth the wait”
Review of Rascals - CLOSED

Rascals
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Located on Waterside overlooking the River Nidd, Rascals offers a wide range of home cooked snacks, cakes and meals using locally sourced produce and is open daily throughout the year. It is well laid out with tables both inside and on the terrace overlooking the river. They serve a wide range of high quality ice cream and their coffee is is quite superb, many locals say that it is the best in the area. Their prices are sensible and it's well worth a visit.
Reviewed February 12, 2012

poor food and service there are better on the river

There are newer reviews for Rascals

Reviewed January 2, 2012

I am a fairly regular visitor to Rascals and I am writing this latest review to report on the range of innovative home-made soups that they have introduced for the Winter season to compliment their extensive meals and snacks menu.

There is a range of some ten soups, each reflecting the availability of the locally sourced ingredients, all priced at £3.00 including a bread roll. The helpings are large, served piping hot and are virtually a meal in themselves. My favourite has got to be the Crab and Sweetcorn, but I can recommend all in the range. John "the soup" is a genius with his careful and knowledgeable mix of flavours.

So, if you are in Knaresborough get your self down to Rascals on Waterside and enjoy John's super soups ........ and don't forget to have a coffee, it's got to be the best in the area.

1  Thank Dugb
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Great wee cafe worth the visit, cheap and cheerful, dog and children friendly.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

The first thing I noticed when going into this cafe is that the Que to order food was ridiculously long. The staff did not at all seem organised. the woman in charge did nothing but shout at her staff and order them about yet she didnt even bother to serve the people waiting in the Que for at least 5 minutes.
Once I had been served I found myself waiting for half an hour before my food even arrived. And to top it off it wasn't what I had ordered. I told the waitress who then took away the food and finally after 10 more minutes brought me my correct order only it was stone cold. I went to complain to the woman in charge and to my disgust she argued with me. I asked for my food to be re made and served warm but to my disgust she refused and told me that it was too late in the day to cook anything else. It was only 5:20 and as far as i was aware they didn't shut until 6. Instead I had to make do with a cold burger and chips and I could not get a refund. Overall I think the staff are incredibly arrogant and rude and the customer service in this cafe is none existent. The food is also overpriced and I would not mind paying good money for good food, but the food in this cafe is appalling.
However the restaurant opposite called Marigolds provide excellent customer service and delicious food. Although the food is a little expensive it is definitely well worth it!
My recommendation would be to avoid Rascals and stick to Marigolds.

3  Thank Naomi E
Reviewed June 26, 2011

When we often go to knaresborough we like to go out for lunch, we use to go to the marigold cafe but this has recently become more expensive for what you get. we gave rascals ( just next door) a try and loved it. it has a lovely view of the river and castle.the food quality is fantastic and the staff are extremely friendly. Prices are also very reasonable. we love rascals and always look forward to lunch out when were in knaresborough.

3  Thank E-Brook2312