“It Could Be "SO" Much More”
Review of SO! Bar and Eats

SO! Bar and Eats
Ranked #27 of 75 Restaurants in Knaresborough
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Contemporary
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: SO! bar and eats is knaresboroughs award winning busiest bar and kitchen. Offering a relaxed and informal diniing and drinking experience. Its perfect for the general foodie looking for something new to try, to groups of friends out for some nibbles and wine.We offer an inventive, eclectic and more importantly delicious and extensive menu to suit all tastes and occasions not to mention being known as the best place to drink in town
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
“It Could Be "SO" Much More”
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

I had supper at So Bar with work colleagues, it has a good menu and pleasant surroundings, unfortunately it also has extremely rude staff. Having ordered my main course of lamb, herb rice and spinach, when it arrived it was actually lamb with boiled rice and spinach. When I queried the mistake I was told abruptly by my waitress that I was wrong, after I pointed out the selection on the menu she said she would check. The manager approached me, apologised and said he would get the rice changed, I asked for the whole meal to be taken away and returned when correct, which he was happy to do. When my meal reappeared, the boiled rice had the addition of a couple sprigs of coriander, the spinach had a few leafs of uncooked spinach laid on top of what had obviously been the meal I had sent back and the lamb was cold. I ate the meal as I had lost the will to have it corrected and my colleagues had finished theirs.

When I was approached by the manager to check if the meal was ok, I told him my concerns. He was superb and could not have been more apologetic and gave me the meal free of charge.

Here is the crux of my concerns, the waitresses are rude, do not smile and treat their customers with contempt (not what I expect of someone who works in a customer based industry). If the definition of herb rice is boiled rice with a few sprigs of herbs, put that on the menu. This experience could have been SO much better, but in actual fact it was SO disappointing!!! The one saving grace is the new enthusiastic manager, who I am sure will turn the place around!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Garrie D

Spalding, United Kingdom
“Nice food Pleasant staff nice atmosphere”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stopped off for a bite to eat here whilst on a business trip and couldn't fault it at all. Reading some of the reviews since I have been back I cant understand what people are moaning about, I would be the first to moan if the service and food was crap but this is far from that.
The place itself has a nice feel about it and the staff make you feel welcome from the minute you walk in, the food was delicious and very well presented; not massive amounts but quality produce and well cooked.
If I am that way again through work i will be visiting this restaurant again for sure.

• Visited May 2014
“Very nice.”
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Me and my family came here for lunch. We had a very warm welcome from the staff and the menu had loads to choose from. The meal was great and very fresh and tasty and presented lovely. And it was all a good price . The place is clean and very inviting. ☆☆☆☆☆

Nijmegen, The Netherlands
“Good pub, but food takes ages”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Nice interior, very trendy, good choice of beers, wines and lagers, however I would think again about eating there, not because of the quality of the food, but the very loooooooong wait until it's served

Visited April 2014
1 Thank TimSherlock
Harrogate, England, United Kingdom
“Bank Holiday Visit”
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Food quite good. Service terrible. Could be vastly improved with some customer service training. The food although quite good was overpriced. Won't be rushing back!

1 Thank Sharon B