“Good old English country Inn & Lodge”

and 1 more site!
Innkeeper's Lodge Harrogate East, Knaresborough
Ranked #11 of 15 Knaresborough B&B and Inns
Batley
“Good old English country Inn & Lodge”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Second stay here in last couple of years. Its not the cleanest, not the best maintained, not the best food etc etc but I like it. Its quirky, the food is good wholesome cooking thats well presented, & good service. The place is packed early doors especially @ weekends. Great countryside location with good veiws from beer garden at back of property. Just going to look at staying here thru summer so I can take advantage of that too. Cheap overnight stay through Innkeeperslodge.com, especially when booked well in advance. Only paid £40 for B&B on a Friday night stopover.

Room Tip: ask for rooms at front of property
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
West Yorkshire
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My husband and daughter called here for a quick snack after a visit to Harrogate. Just a sandwich was all we wanted and opted for the ribeye steak offering. It turned out to be the meanest piece of steak I have ever encountered - it must have been cut with a bacon slicer and there was only one layer! The ciabbatti bread roll was huge, and there were plenty of chips, but this did not make up for the lack of meat. Neither was there any salad trim on the plate - I later found out that it was either salad or chips. Also my daughter had to complain about her dirty wine glass, and this was eventually returned to her with a bit more wine added, but no complimentary drink was offered. Very disappointing for the price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CugsyWestYorkshire

Travelers are raving about these Knaresborough hotels

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 24, 2013

great little hotel. convenient for Harrogate and the A1 , shower was excellent, food was very good at night , large car park , good selection of beers and drinks , comfortable bed , only issue is there is no full english breakfast in the mid week , weekends only

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
UK
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed the night here in October, had a light supper and also had a business lunch during the day.

The room was OK, nothing special but nothing to complain about. Decor a bit dated but that's not a problem.

Lunch wasn't brilliant. I ordered the fish on a risotto base. It was dreadful. Soggy stodgy rice (not a risotto in any sense of the word unless you include the fact that it included rice!) and the fish had dried out on top and had curled at the edges. Quite obviously it had been cooked some time before and had been kept warm. I didn't complain simply because I was with a colleague and our client was paying for the meal. When will restaurants learn that you can't keep fish waiting around for ages. It only takes about 3 minutes to cook the size of fillet I had so there is no excuse for not preparing it freshly. Very disappointing.

The evening meal was good and breakfast was OK with a keen and chatty waitress, but there was some very unfortunate language being used in the kitchen, loudly so that I could hear every word. I don't want to hear kitchen staff swearing (too much Gordon Ramsay?) ever and certainly not at breakfast at 07.30.

Not somewhere I would choose to visit again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We were visiting the area and stayed for one night in late October. The price for one night was very good, but the room was decidedly average and felt really tired. We had a small window at high level and when closing the curtains, could not believe how filthy the net curtain was and the window cill was also very dusty. The tiles around the bath/shower had some mould on the grouting and one of the soap dispensers was empty.

Initially, we were going to eat elsewhere, but because it was a cold wet night we decided to eat in the pub. We have eaten at Vintage Inns in the past and are increasingly finding that the food is getting more expensive and less appealing. There was nothing we really fancied on the menu and we both decided to have the fish and chips. The staff were very attentive and the food came very quickly. However, it was very disappointing. The batter was fairly crispy on the outside, but underneath there was a layer of uncooked batter - very unattractive. My husband called the waitress over, showed her and although she said that was how it came, she readily agreed to do another piece of fish. This also came very quickly and unfortunately this was, in fact, worse, but by that time we couldn't be bothered to complain again and my husband scraped the wet batter off and ate the fish. The continental breakfast next morning was fine. We had a room facing the car park at the back and this was very quiet, we couldn't hear the busy road noise.

We were both very disappointed by the whole experience and I really feel that certainly this particular Innkeepers Lodge should be looked at and upgraded.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SheffieldPip
Knaresborough
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I came here a couple of weeks ago, i ordered the scampi food took a bit of time to reach the table. The food costs were reasonable and the food was very very tasty, full of flavour. Also the staff were very friendly and warming. enjoyed this meal alot, will be visiting again soon!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
harrogate
Reviewed August 28, 2012

As a local i have been here several times in the past but my last visit before today must have been a couple of years ago.

Today it was .... a little bit lacking to say the very least. What a shame. We rarely go out due to young children & in Harrogate we have a massive choice of where to eat and spend our hard earned cash. We chose The Kestrel as we wanted a quick bar meal near home.

This pub / eatery is a really old building converted from a big farm. It's a nice spot to eat but talk about uninterested staff! Starting from the Barman / Manager downwards. On arrival there was no welcome at all.

The waiter got our food order wrong (there were only two of us ordering main courses). Why was it wrong? Simply because he didn't use a pad to write down our order! Meal was returned to the kitchen whilst it was put right and my food sat going cold.

The food was reasonably nice although the beef burger I had was burnt around the edge. With only a small bowl of chips to go with it, a fresh salad in between was sadly missing.

I could live with that, it's just the lack of interest from the staff that annoyes me.

On paying for our meal (without seeing a proper bill) there was no question of asking how things were. Maybe scared of asking? The uninterested Manager took our cash and that was that.....

I won't be back unless I can help it. And no, I didn't leave a tip, only one or two on here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Knaresborough
Best Western Dower House Hotel & Spa
#1 of 15 in Knaresborough
Old Royal Oak
Old Royal Oak
#7 of 15 in Knaresborough

Been to Innkeeper's Lodge Harrogate East, Knaresborough? Share your experiences!