We booked the Kestrel so we could enjoy a weekend in Knaresborough. There is no safe walking route and the bus service is a bus ride into Harrogate then another one to Knaresborough. You either dont drink and use the car or pay between £8 and £10 in a taxi.
They close the bar at eleven so bear this in mind if you fancy a night cap.
We stayed in room 4 which smelled of drains. The room was adequate but on a par with travel lodge and certainly over priced.
The breakfast was continental and not very inspiring.
Would not use again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you're looking for budget accommodation in Knaresborough or near to Harrogate Conference Centre, this country lodge in nearby Plompton is perfect for both short breaks and business trips.The lodge is well placed for exploring the many charms of picturesque Knaresborough, historic Harrogate and unspoilt cathedral city Ripon. It's also an ideal base-camp for anyone wanting to immerse themselves in the Yorkshire Dales.Along with 10 comfy en-suite rooms, there's a pub serving a tempting menu of hearty, seasonal food together with a range of cask ales and wines. It's so cosy you could end up cancelling the hiking and sightseeing in favour of a day eating and drinking instead.But you wouldn't want to miss Harrogate's tourist treasures. Delve into antique shops, relax at the Turkish Baths, or sip a Darjeeling at Betty's iconic tearooms. Nearer home you can hunt out the cave of infamous Yorkshire witch Mother Shipton or marvel at the 30 acres of intriguing mineral formations at Plompton Rocks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, LateRooms and Booking.com so you can book your Innkeeper's Lodge Harrogate East, Knaresborough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kestrel Pub Hotel Knaresborough
- Innkeeper's Lodge Harrogate East, Knaresborough Yorkshire