Ny ife and I spent one night at this magnificent country house a few weeks ago. Although I thought I knew the Knaresborough area I had never ever visited Goldsborough. At no point do you appreciate that this is a hotel. You get the feeling that you are a country house guest. The room was huge with a large four-poster bed, immaculately furnished and with an immense television set. The grounds, in the NGS, are delightful with many roses and interesting trees. Dinner was excellent with a wide choice. After a restful night breakfast could have been from Downtown Abbey. Truly a memorable experience albeit at a price - but you're worth it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Goldsborough Hall is a beautifully restored, privately owned stately home tucked away in the small village of Goldsborough, just off the A59 between Harrogate and the A1M. The 400yr old hall has had many residents through the years, being built for the high sheriff of Yorkshire, the last resting place of the eldest founding father to all thoroughbred horses and most famously the first family home of HRH Princess Mary, the aunt of our current Queen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Goldsborough Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goldsborough Hall Hotel Harrogate
- Goldsborough Hall Knaresborough, Yorkshire