“Our special day 18/10/2013”

Judges Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kirklevington
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This is an excellent venue to hold your special day, My sister got married here in 2012 and when myself and mark decided to get married we never looked for anywhere else.
Emma was so helpful with all the preparations and also Suzanne when Emma was unavailable, Neil on the day was a star keeping everything going smoothly.
Myself my sister and my niece arrived at the hotel around 1pm on the day of our wedding as we were getting married at 4 pm it was so relaxing with that added extra touch of a bottle of champagne waiting for us what a lovely surprise.
Emma and Neil were aware that i had not been well over the last few month and they let me take everything at my pace and i thank them for that.
the day was amazing from start to finish.
i am so disappointed that one of my guests had to make a bad comment on here this man was invited to arrive around 8pm with his wife and were only there for about an hour and a half. (shame on you John and Pat) if you didnt like it you should have gone straight away.
Myself and my husband were staying in the bridal suit that evening and as i was not well that night we decided to return home after the wedding Neil was very helpful and this was not a problem, we returned back on the morning to have breakfast and have a walk around the grounds which are stunning, Emma met us that morning to make sure i was ok she hoped i was felling better.
Amazing place, amazing staff and amazing grounds

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank allison c
TimHowardJudges, General Manager at Judges Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

I don't know the words to describe how I feel having read this review, so I think this is one of those occasions when I should just say a huge thank you and then shut up. Kindest regards, Tim Howard GM 7/11/13

Reviewed November 1, 2013

this is a great venue and we would recommend this to anyone, excellent management and took care of everything from start to finish, gorgeous grounds and absolutely delightful perodic rooms and the food was fantastic! well done emma and their staff! thanks very much.. allison and mark.

Room Tip: you will not be disappointed with this venue..its a very peaceful and quiet hotel with very helpful...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank archiej20
TimHowardJudges, General Manager at Judges Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

It is very heartening to read this review especially since it relates back to the unkind comments made on 19th October. Your thoughtfulness and support is much appreciated by all of us at Judges. Every happiness to you both in your life together and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Judges in the years to come. Kindest regards, Tim Howard GM 6/11/13

Reviewed October 29, 2013

From arrival on Thursday afternoon when we were warmly greeted and shown to our delightful room , afternoon tea, a sumptuous dinner (the chef is surely a real gem), even being found a pair of glasses to borrow when I could not find mine to read the menu - service like this above and beyond the call of duty ! - a fabulous jacuzzi bath, comfortable bed for the night, and next morning a smashing breakfast, a truly memorable stay which we thoroughly enjoyed - many thanks to all concerned !

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
TimHowardJudges, General Manager at Judges Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Brilliant, thank you! Please do tell your friends about us and we hope to see you again very soon. Kindest regards, Tim Howard GM 31/10/13

Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is an excellent hotel which is often difficult to book because of the high standard it maintains, and always seems to be full. It can be somewhat pricey so pays to shop around the hotel websites on the internet. It is difficult to find good hotels of this standard in this area. Really pleased about the fruit bowl in the room, the standard of room cleanliness and the excellent breakfast with super friendly staff. Would certainly stay again!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
TimHowardJudges, General Manager at Judges Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you very much for this kind review. We do our very best to make sure that our rates are the same wherever you look, but, like all hotels, we have to pay commission to these third parties for your booking. To make sure you are always getting the very best deal, or to simply check if we have that one room left for the night that you want, the best thing to do is always to call us directly or to send us a quick e-mail. At the end of the day we love talking to our guests and to making sure that we have given them exactly what they want. Hope to see you again soon. Kindest regards, Tim Howard GM 24/10/13

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We first visited Judges Country House Hotel in Spring 2013 when looking for a wedding venue and fell in love with the place. Emma - and in her absence, Suzanne - dealt with every question or tweak to the arrangements for our wedding day with unfailing cheerfulness and professionalism, right up to the day itself, and we will always be very grateful to them for that.

We were married in the Lounge on Sunday 20 October, having checked into the hotel the evening before and having an excellent meal in the restaurant. The day itself was not without its own problems, with one of the officials due to conduct the ceremony being taken ill minutes before it was due to begin. This did not cause even the slightest panic, a stand-in was found and the ceremony took place some 35 minutes later than planned. Emma and Neil did a fantastic job of keeping everyone up to date, managing to stop the bride from climbing the walls with nervousness! I sincerely thank them both for this.

The whole day passed in a fabulous blur - the ceremony was wonderful, the setting was perfect. The wedding breakfast was wonderful, the Courtyard Suite was beautifully set out for this and the evening event was just great, with everyone present praising the BBQ buffet, which really was smashing, with more than enough for everyone. Those guests who stayed at the hotel overnight following the wedding had only good things to say about their rooms and the welcome they all received.

As anyone reading this will be able to tell, we had a wonderful time at Judges and have some wonderful wedding day memories to look back on. Emma, Neil and Suzanne have been marvellous, as has every single member of the team we have met. We can only thank them all for giving us and our guests a wedding day to remember.

Room Tip: No tips to offer - every room we saw was fabulous!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
TimHowardJudges, General Manager at Judges Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Reading this just brought such a big smile to my face and it was a great way to start the day. On behalf of us all, thank you so much. Please do tell your friends about us as this is always the best form of advertising, especially when you are privately owned hotel competing against other local hotels that say they are comfortable with losing millions every year! Every happiness to you both in your lives together and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Judges in the years to come. Kindest regards, Tim Howard GM 22/10/13

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have actually lost count of how many times me and my partner have stayed and dined at judges overall! We eagerly returned last night for Dinner Bed and Breakfast, having not been since May! After a friendly welcome from reception, being shown to our lovely room for the night, then sprucing up to go down to the lounge, we were then greeted by Dominique and Angelo and congratulated on our pending new arrival in January! Sitting relaxing whilst waiting to go into the restaurant it was so nice to be asked if I would like a non alcoholic cocktail as I had stated how much I was missing a good ole tipple! Especially the Champagne :'( ! Much appreciated so Thank you for that! Dinner.....well nothing much to say! Perfection. I find it difficult to stray from the Beef Fillet.....but I did and chose the Venison with braised red cabbage, boudin noir and chocolate sauce! Delicious! My partner having the Lamb, equally enjoyed his meal, and I had the Michel Cluizel Chocolate cake for dessert! YAY! We then enjoyed a Cheese Board and Tea/Coffee and petit fours back in the lounge before retiring for the night! We really hope to return in December, all being well!....and this will be the first port of call next year for my first glass of Champagne after a 9 month abstinence! Keep up the good work everyone!
Candice and Del. P.S Just to add, your toilets are far from scruffy. Can't please everyone I suppose!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Just super! Thank you on behalf of us all and many congratulations on your pending arrival! I'm also glad that we still had the Michel Cluizel chocolate for you! As always thank you for your support and for spreading the word about us, it means a great deal to us especially after someone has just taken a swipe at us. Take great care and we look forward to seeing you again in December. Kindest regards, Tim Howard GM 22/10/13

Reviewed October 19, 2013

My wife and I attended an after wedding function at Judges last night in the Courtyard Suite.
If you are going to a function at this venue, take your own drinks!!
Pint of Carlsberg and a Gin and Tonic £12.15
Pint of Carlsberg and a bottle of Peroni £10.00
Their attitude seems to be, it's a captive market, we'll charge what we want.
More expensive than London's West End
Hardly top notch venue, poor service and scruffy toilets
Give it a miss

2  Thank johnandpat
TimHowardJudges, General Manager at Judges Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

I think this review says more about the person who wrote this is than it does us.

The prices for the orders mentioned are: £9.50 & £8.15 respectively. So, at the outset, this review is misleading.

Neil served this guest his first round of lager and Peroni and the guest complained then, saying how wealthy he was but that our prices were more than Norway which is the most expensive country. He then proceeded to open up an account for further drinks.

We look out at our pricing very carefully to make sure that it is competitive and
our bar tariffs are clearly on public display. This review also really irritates me as it suggests that we are arrogant; the people who know us know that this is the farthest thing from the truth.

Because of people like this, who think it's ok to bring your own booze to a function, the car-parks are now monitored for this very reason and anyone caught bringing their own booze is asked to leave.

We welcome all feedback but I would say that this is the first complaint we have had regarding our bar prices, as well as our loos, that I can remember. Tim Howard GM 20/10/13

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirklevington
Crathorne Hall Hotel
The Cleveland Tontine
The Cleveland Tontine
#1 of 1 in Staddlebridge
Premier Inn Stockton-On-Tees West Hotel
Premier Inn Stockton-On-Tees Wes...
#4 of 9 in Stockton-on-Tees
Brockley Hall Hotel
Brockley Hall Hotel
#1 of 4 in Saltburn-by-the-Sea

Been to Judges Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!