“Fabulous afternoon tea”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kirklevington
Yarm, United Kingdom
“Fabulous afternoon tea”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We celebrated my daughter's baptism with a lovely afternoon tea at Judges. The food ie sandwiches, scones, cakes and miniature trifles, was beautiful and tasted divine, service was excellent and the venue was lovely. We had requested some vegetarian sandwiches, and these were provided and these were delicious. Thank you to Michael for ensuring my daughter's special day went so smoothly. I will certainly be recommending the hotel, and I am sure that my family will return.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank CER12345
TimHowardJudges, General Manager at Judges Country House Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
What a super way to start the week, on behalf of us all thank you. Please do tell your friends about us and we all look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Judges in the years to come. Kindest regards, Tim Howard GM 22/7/13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Lot-et-Garonne, France
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night on business. I stay in lots of hotels but this blew me away! I loved my room - maybe a little chintzy but really comfortable. The bed was a dream, I loved the teddy bear and the gold fish that I had instructions to feed! The bathroom was absolutely spotless and toiletries lovely. This hotel obviously has the rare input of someone who really understands customers, right down to the shoe cleaning kit! The decanter of sherry, fruit, chocolates and mineral water were all really welcome.

My dinner was absolutely fantastic. Delicious scallops and beef. I was very happy sitting there noshing, quaffing and looking at the beautiful garden.

Breakfast was okay but as others have remarked its really the only thing that could be improved.

I shall return!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank francophileonthemove
TimHowardJudges, General Manager at Judges Country House Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Brilliant, on behalf of us all thank you. Reading this brought just such a big smile to my face. We care deeply about what we do as well as how we do it. A key part of improving this is listening to what our guests tell us and so I'm sitting down with my Restaurant Manager as well as my Head Chef to review our breakfasts. Please do spread the word about us and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Judges in the near future. Kindest regards, Tim Howard GM 16/7/13
Dumbarton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Fantastic little hotel just outside Yarm, lovely food and well worth a visit. could not recommend the hotel more, nice staff, lovely well laid out gardens nice for a walk , I would stay there again tomorrow and is on my top hotels to recommend to friends .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Coming back from holiday and reading this was just great, thank you. Please tell your friends about us and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kindest regards, Tim Howard GM 16/7/13
Middlesbrough, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I was married at Judges on 22nd June and I could not have wished for a more perfect place for it to take place. The Courtyard Suite is extra special and having the place exclusively for my wedding made it all the more special. The gardens and barbecue area are beautiful and ideal for guests to mingle after the ceremony.

Our wedding planner was Emma and she worked very hard to make sure everything was perfect. Neil was also working hard on the day with Emma with all the other staff to look after us and make sure we were happy and knew what was happening at every stage.

The bridal suite was just as beautiful. I married at 4pm and the suite was ready for me at 1pm so I had plenty of time to get ready and relax with the bridesmaids beforehand with a complimentary bottle of champagne. The following morning breakfast was delivered to the room and was delicious.

I feel so lucky to have had such a beautiful wedding at this gorgeous venue and have lots of very happy memories that I will treasure.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Super, on behalf of us all thank you! Please tell your friends about us and we all look forward to being of service again in the future. Every happiness to you both. Kind regards, Tim Howard GM 16/7/13
North East Scotland
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in the hotel several times and it is generally very good. The rooms are of a very good standard and are well furnished and maintained. The staff are in the main very helpful and customer focused and try hard to make your visit memorable. In this instance I felt disappointed by the breakfast which was quite poor and for this reason I have scored the hotel as average. The person running the breakfast service spent a long period of time fawning over a large table of American guests. Judging by the extended conversations that were ensuing they are probably regulars, however, they were not the only guests in the hotel and everybody else was being neglected. I understand that there is a balance in terms of keeping regular guests happy (that was certainly being done) but everybody in the hotel has paid for the privilege of good service? My breakfast was over cooked and I didn't finish it. To be fair, I don't think I was charged for it, but I will probably stay some where else in the future.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Highlander1967
TimHowardJudges, General Manager at Judges Country House Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Whilst it's nice to read the positives in this review it is saddening to learn that we didn't make this guest feel as valued as others who were having breakfast that day. As I've said before we take all feedback, both good and bad, very seriously. Not only does it help us to support the good things that we are doing but it also allows us to address the points that we could improve. I hope that we will see this guest again so that we can demonstrate to him that his feedback has helped us to improve our performance. Tim Howard GM 17/7/13
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2013

June 29th 2013 our daughter had her wedding day at Judges Hotel we stayed two days and had a great weekend all the staff working throughout the weekend could not do enough for us, the wedding was arranged to the happy couple requests and Emma (wedding co-ordinater) made us feel like nothing was too much trouble. The bedrooms were lovely with lots of special touches and luxuries they also had lots of complimentary gifts (loved the chocolates and sherry) and we enjoyed the great choice of food at breakfast on both days.
The hotel is so peacefull and relaxing the gardens are glorious, we have visited many hotels but none have compared to this one.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the gardens when you open the curtains its a lovely way wake up watching...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
TimHowardJudges, General Manager at Judges Country House Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
What a great way to start the day, on behalf of all the team thank you for your very kind words. Please spread the word about us to your friends and we all look forward very much to being of service again in the years to come. Kindest regards, Tim Howard GM 3/7/13
Gtr Manchester
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We have just returned from a weekend stay at Judges Hotel for the wedding of a family member. The hotel is full of character and stands in exceptionally beautiful gardens. Each room appears to be decorated and furnished with individual touches. The reception was held at The Courtyard Suite where the facilities were every bit as appealing as the main hotel which all added to a wonderful day for the bride and groom and everyone who attended. Thanks to all at The Judges Hotel for making the wedding and stay at the hotel so special.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Super, thank you! Please tell your friends about us and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Judges in the near future. Kind regards, Tim Howard GM 3/7/13
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirklevington
Crathorne Hall Hotel
The Cleveland Tontine
The Cleveland Tontine
#1 of 1 in Staddlebridge
Feversham Arms Hotel & Verbena Spa

Been to Judges Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!