“A visit to the largest village in England”

The Southgate Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Hunmanby B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I went with my partner and children ages 6 and 5 months. It was an excellent base for trips to Filey and Scarborough. Accomodation was first class and Carl and Nikki were very accomodating, nothing was too much trouble for them. The breakfast was one of the best i have had and there was that much that i didnt need anything else to eat all day. The room was spotless and en;suite also very clean. There are 3 pubs within walking distance 2 of them just round the corner, these too are very friendly and Hunmanby is a very clean village. I cannot praise the accomodation and surrounding area strongly enough and i will definately be visiting again.

Room Tip: If going as a family book a family room they are so spacious
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed here for one night and other members of my family stayed two nights lovely clean rooms food lovely and staff very welcoming and next too two lovely pubs and take away places....we had a good weekend and would stay again

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed here on short notice and couldnt have been made more welcome. Our room, which I have to say we stayed in maybe a couple of years ago, was still as fresh and clean as ever. The breakfasts were first class and the dining area is beautiful. Look forward to staying with you if ever we visit the area again. Thank you.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Spent one night at the Southgate whilst on business and in the process of relocating back to the area. It's in an excellent place for visiting the east coast, the pub close by very lively and friendly, the fish and chip shop across the road with a cafe was A1. My room was spotless, fresh and modern, very comfy bed. The breakfast was excellent. I can't prasie Carl and Nikki enough for a warm welcome and a well managed B&B. I enjoyed my stay and I have already booked and intend to take my wife and two children back in a few weeks time.
Thank You.. Mark Handley

Room Tip: The B&B has only been open for the last couple of years, I think?, but my room was modern, fres...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Spent two nights at the Southgate while celebrating our friends birthday, It's in an excellent place for visiting the east coast and we found the pub close by very lively and friendly.
Our room was spotless and warm, as it was November we were very grateful for that.
The breakfast was excellent.
We enjoyed our stay so much we decided it should be a yearly event.

Room Tip: As we were a large party I saw several of the rooms they were all lovely.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is a converted high street pub which has been refurbished to a very high standard, the decor is clean and contemporary.
Friendly, helpful staff were keen to make my stay as comfortable as possible.
The weather was extremely warm during my stay, however, the bed linen was crisp and cool and this combined with a well aired room allowed a good nights sleep. Lovely breakfast of cereals, toast, in addition to the cooked platter.
This is one of the better establishments that I have stayed in and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We only stayed one night but would have gladly stayed longer. The rooms were excellent with lovely bathrooms and newly furnished. Free WiFi, and the usual supply of coffee, tea, biscuits, toiletries, hairdryers etc. The breakfast was one of the best we have had, and the staff were very helpful. Good value, quiet, free overnight street parking and good location for the coast and local villages. A really nice place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hunmanby
Wrangham House Hotel
No photo provided
Hallam Guest House
#7 of 16 in Filey
White Rose Guest House

Been to The Southgate Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!