Spirit of Yorkshire Distillery
Open today: 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great Tour

The tour was both interesting and informative. More importantly the samples were excellent and I... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed 3 days ago
Scenic58366091230
York, United Kingdom
Early Fathers Day treat

Both dad and myself really enjoyed our distillery tour and would like to say thank you. We found it... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed 6 days ago
Michelle P
York, United Kingdom

All reviews coffee shop afternoon tea excellent visit interesting visit my dad brilliant tour ask questions birthday present bacon great coffee lovely cafe cakes cafe food per head great insight various stages cafe staff
Selected filters
Reviewed April 19, 2019

Arrived with my wife for coffee and raspberry and vanilla scones. It was lovely. We could not fault anything. The two ladies were really nice and pleasant, We will be back.

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed April 15, 2019

Sunday brunch visit , friendly staff , nice environment and tasty food. A little limited on cake choices today , but still enjoyed the visit .

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed March 24, 2019 via mobile

A very interesting place to visit. The guided tour of the distillery is a must. Really interesting. A fantastic,informed experience and really lifts the lid on the art of Whisky production.

Started off in the very nice cafe (pre tour), and finished off back in the cafe with drinks and a very nice lunch.

Well worth a visit.

Reviewed March 22, 2019

This must be a great place to work, every one of the staff had a smile on their face and genuinely seemed happy to be there, mine was a flying visit so did not have time to eat, chatting to people who had, all seemed happy with their purchase.
I learned a lot from my visit about the Gin industry and the sudden rise in people distilling it, all in all a very enjoyable time

Reviewed March 13, 2019 via mobile

We'd definitely recommend a visit to Spirit of Yorkshire. The food is excellent. Not a huge menu but something for everyone. Our party of 4 had the homemade salmon & asparagus quiche & the ploughman's, both delicious. Following lunch we had a trip round the distillery which takes just an hour. Naomi our guide was excellent. I came away feeling I now understand the process of making good whisky & the ethos behind Spirit of Yorkshire. At the end of the tour there is a chance to sample their products. The single malt I understand will be available later this year after the 3 years have elapsed since production began, but they have some 'spirits' which have been bottled at different stages of the maturing process. Gin is normally my tipple but I've come home today with a bottle of Projects 004!!
Our next visit there will be for the cream tea because that looked fantastic & if we time it right Yorkshire's first single malt whisky will be available as well. Cheers