“Warm welcome, lovely food”
Review of Herriot's Kitchen

Herriot's Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Hawes
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Herriot’s Kitchen has become a firm favourite with Upper Wensleydale residents and visitors alike, priding ourselves on using freshly supplied, top quality local produce. Serving a selection of light lunches, refreshments and Yorkshire cream teas, complemented with home-baked cakes, Herriot’s Kitchen makes the ideal starting point for your visit to the area, and the perfect finishing venue to relax.
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I went into this little gallery/coffee shop on the off-chance that they could provide something gluten free. The owners did everything they could to provide something tasty and nutritious. At the outset, the lady owner who prepares the food explained the options, and in the end I had a delicious ploughman's with gluten free toast, with chutney and salad, followed by a gluten free lemon cake (which, I have to say, was the nicest I've ever had). The food was lovely and the welcome was warm. It is also nice to browse the interesting art before and after eating. My companion ate just as well as I did on 'non-gluten free' items!

3  Thank katyb1_12

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Ate in here twice. The food was very yummy and filling. I would highly advise the carrot cake! Immaculate cafe with friendly staff and some lovely art on the walls.

3  Thank LesleyAnn-Sunderland
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Visited Herriots and must say my plowmans looked exactly like the photo. The owners have paid attention to the details and this makes for a pleasurable place to stop for a quality coffee and good food, the cakes are all baked on site and I wish I could have eaten a piece of every one that they had as they all looked that good. Next time I'm in Hawes I'll be comming here.

1  Thank ownerjag
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Herriots cafe was serving fabulous cakes, sandwiches and good coffee when we arrived, after a long ride through the dales. it was very busy and you could see that they enjoyed what they were doing and interacting with the other customers.

1  Thank pinsandneedles648
Reviewed May 8, 2012

It was a shame we'd just had a big breakfast as the coffee was very nice and the cakes looked lovely.

2  Thank WagglerTango