Bulls Head Hotel
$177
$142
Priceline
Thorns Hall(Sedbergh)
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
All reviewscoverdale roomwarm welcomefull englishb bmarket placeopen firewalking weekendcentral locationgreat accommodationbreakfast was excellentkippersthe main streetfeel very welcomefour poster bedtwin roomlovely weekendcooked breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We were having our 2nd trip to Hawes after a long absence and were not disappointed.
Helen and her staff could not have been nicer.
Room was enchanting and even though on front of hotel, quiet.
Advice for evening meals great.
Breakfasts also great.
Thank you heaps for a lovely couple of days.

Room Tip: Our room on the first floor was amazing, I think it was called the Coledale room
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We were greeted at the door by one of the owners, Helen, who wanted us to know that our son had arrived ahead of us and was sleeping in his room upstairs. Immediately, I felt as if we were at home. She came up to our room, asking if there was anything we needed and to answer all of our questions about where to eat and local hours and so on.

Located in the heart of the village, our room overlooked the main street, which was wonderful. I am a travel voyeur, and being able to look out through a window that opened from the top (I love when that happens, because nothing inside gets wet) was great. The room will always be memorable, too, because it was here I first came upon the BBC One game show, Pointless, which is terrific (and diametrically opposed to its title).

The room itself was charming -- quirky and cozy and filled with touches that reminded me of my Maritime youth. I have never slept in a bed with side curtains, or enjoyed sweet, faux fur-covered cushions. We absolutely loved it! And the breakfast room downstairs reminded me that I was in a village in England, and not in some nondescript hotel.

Everything about this place, in fact, spoke of its warmth: the fabrics, the lighting, the sizes and shapes, the hosts, the food, and the central location. We would stay at the Bulls Head again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Having read the "Nordlicht2011" review, I understand we are all entitled to our opinion but I just don't get their comments. Just returned home following an overnight stay at The Bulls Head. Have to say that I could not speak highly enough about how pleasant the whole experience was. Basement room - clean, quirky, quiet and comfortable. Breakfast - superb, served piping hot and when it says 'full English'....this is exactly what you get. Evening meal - we went to The Crown Inn, a couple of doors up from The Bulls Head.....fantastic meal served up, together with a cracking pint of Theakstons Lightfoot followed by a couple of Old Peculiar. Would certainly recommend anybody to stay at this hotel, no problem whatsoever.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank sueandronwalsh
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in June, the room was well appointed and comfortable. Very good location for the centre of town and the breakfast was excellent. Service was faultless, answered questions but not in your face.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

This was our first time at the 'Bulls Head', but it certainly will not be our last. Everything that could be expected of a comfortable and friendly stay was delivered - the room was spotlessly clean, with all the facilities needed, and some extra touches added to make the whole experience memorable for us both. The breakfast, far from being 'uninspiring', according to one comment, was absolutely delightful - especially for my wife, who is a vegetarian and knows what can be uninspiring in a 'veggie breakfast'! Many thanks to Helen for a super stay, and we will become 'regulars' after this.