“Worth the stairs”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2018

We have only sampled the breakfasts during our visits which are very good. Great choice of foods, cooked while you wait and served up by lovely smiling ladies.
Really is the "place" to have your breakfast,
The only drawback are the stairs, They are steep and a problem for those with walking issues, they also deny wheelchair users access to their wonderful food which is unfair.
I am sure that this could be sorted and hope that the owners will take note and do something. Even a stair lift would be something.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 5, 2018

I visited this wonderful restaurant with my half caste old lady and my dear friend Olav(who is not the marrying kind of guy).
Nothing would do but to have a typical English breakfast. Up the stairs we went and ordered the full breakfast.
Woweee wow it was big and tasted insanely good. But hey my friends what is this black thing on the plate ? Black pudding thats what !
Never seen or heard of it before but it is quite good, in fact I love it.
Now I know why English folk are big and strong. Black pudding thats why !

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

How these ladies produce such a large choice of good home cooked food is beyond me. Had a pork roast dinner , my friend had beef and Yorkshire pudding and it was delightful. This was followed by home made Bakewell tart with lashings of custard. My friend had sticky toffee pud ...... superb, proper food.
The choice of desserts all home made was brilliant ... I wanted to try them all ! Spoilt for choice. Good cup of tea made in a pot and served in mug. I will definitely make a point of eating here next time I’m in the area. Thanks ladies

Reviewed September 29, 2018

Ordered two coffee and scones, scones were dry and not much fruit in them , came with butter which was cut of a block , was unable to spread as was to hard, place was clean and tired,

Reviewed September 21, 2018

The Wensleydale Pantry is located above the Spar shop on the main street in Hawes - there's a car park behind it. by the way. Whenever we are in Hawes we always go to the Wensleydale Pantry and have never been disappointed with the food or service we have had. From walking in the door your guaranteed a friendly welcome from the staff and excellent fare whether that's a teacake or a three course meal. I simply like being there as all the customers are happy - no doubt by the quality and quantity of the food provided. It is definitely an experience not to be missed and I'm sure once you have been that you too will return time and time again just like us. Thoroughly recommended - you will come out smiling !