“At Last, A Real Restaurant”
Review of Star Inn

Star Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Harome
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
York, United Kingdom
“At Last, A Real Restaurant”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

The setting is outstanding, an old Inn with a thatched roof, a welcoming hello from the barman, who then escorts you through to the dining area where more smiling staff are waiting to assist.
One of my guests asked if the background music could be changed as it was not to his taste, with no hesitation or questions asked it was done immediately and without fuss, complimentary tasters were brought to the table with chilled water, menus delivered and explained in detail, so far the place was in sync, would it last I wondered and the answer, yes it just got better, I asked the waitress about a yellow "Y" she was wearing and the polite young lady explained about the Tour de France and how wonderful that it was coming to Yorkshire, On to the food, home baked bread served in a flat cap was a novel and different idea, a souffle that was perfect, a starter of fish from a different menu to the a'la carte' was no problem, the mains fared even better a rissoto, perfect Veal cooked as ordered, drinks delivered by staff who were effective without being intrusive, all in all a very good experience.

• Visited June 2014
StarInnHarome, Owner at Star Inn, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
I am glad to hear that you had a very good experience, the hospitality of Yorkshire, cheers or Allez Yorkshire???

Merci beaucoup

Andre

“Delicious in parts, but seems to have lost it's way”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Overall we had a delicious meal at The Star Inn. However, it was not as good as I expected and in fact had it not been a special occassion and i didn't want to cause a fuss, I would have sent my dessert back.

The roe deer sausage to start was fab and the turbot was beautifully cooked and plentiful. However my pear sponge was clearly reheated in a microwave and was dry and burnt/ crunchy in the middle. This was very disappointing as I expected more of a place with such high accolades. It is attention to detail like this which will impact on advocacy and returning guests.

I would return to eat again at The Star Inn. The potato dauphinoise was some of the best I have ever eaten, but I will be watching for the attention to detail at such high prices with competition in the area.

Visited July 2014
StarInnHarome, Owner at Star Inn, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
You should have told a member of staff about your over cooked pudding, as everything else was as you put it 'fab, beautifully cooked and plentiful, some of the best I have ever eaten'?

So after eighteen years at the helm and still going strong and still gaining awards, this is obviously a blip and a very unusual one I can assure you! I will be watching out for the competition in the area in years to come!

Apologies
“Outstanding”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We arrived here at 17.00 during an inpromtu afternoon drive out 'dressed down' and what a treat. Food was still being served so we took advantage and ordered and it was amazing. We sat in the garden with our dog. The service was fantastic and we are so pleased to have visited and look forward to our next visit.

StarInnHarome, Owner at Star Inn, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Very good to hear, dressed up or down, everyone is welcome including your faithful hounds (did it have Scarborough Woof???!!)

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We had the Market Menu which was excellent as was the service from all staff. We would definitely return if in the area again.

Visited June 2014
StarInnHarome, Owner at Star Inn, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Hurry back, tell your friends, tell the world!!!

AP
“Top Class Inn Serving Great Food”
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

I have eaten here a few times and have never been disappointed. As the weather was so good we ate in the garden. We tried to dine in their new York establishment but it was fully booked.

Visited June 2014
StarInnHarome, Owner at Star Inn, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Al Fresco is the way forward when the sun is shining in one of the best pub gardens in the district (although I am possibly biased!).

The country cousins of The Star Inn The City will always look after you!

Cheers