“Special night in October 2013”
Review of The Star Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harome
The Star Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Harome B&B and Inns
Ashby de la Zouch, United Kingdom
“Special night in October 2013”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

It was my partners birthday last week and we stayed at the Pheasant (have posted a review), had called in for a drink the night before and thought it very busy for a Tuesday night, though that would be the 'pull' of the Michelin star I am guessing. Lovely atmosphere here in the main pub part, many other areas though I only walked through some of it. Lovely oldie worldly pub with a thatched roof.
On the next evening the night of our meal, we had the best of attention, a real intimate atmosphere and it felt special. The food was delicious, the steak I had for my main meal was 'to die for'! I said nothing to any staff about the cake that had been sent over the previous day from The Pheasant, trusting that all would work out as per my instructions, and it did.
Our waiter asked if we would like to see the desert menu and we both said no thankyou, I was then given a nod in the background, which I returned, then the lights went down and my cake arrived to the total surprised of my partner!
Thank you so much for the way that was executed, it was a special night ever more so.
All I would say is that staff here and at The Pheasant are talking about the split of the two properties and going to the 'dark side' when we mentioned staying at The Pheasant. I guess it needs to be managed better as to what is said 'front of house'.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Traci G
StarInnHarome, Owner at The Star Inn, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for the kind words regarding The Star and the grub. I'm even more pleased that it was so busy!

Our relationship with the competition a few strides down the road is an extremely good one and I'm confident that the comment regarding the 'dark side' was made in jest. Hopefully both our and The Pheasant's customers benefit from the healthy competition!

Cheers AP

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My wife got me a Chef for a Day for my birthday & I can honestly say that is one of the best days I have ever had.
Matt (head chef) looked after me as did the other chefs in the kitchen, I was made to feel very welcome & the guys gave me lots of their time & got lots of tips to take away & try at home.
The food we cooked was superb, fresh, locally sourced & of the highest quality.
I had chat with Andrew Pern who made time in his busy schedule to welcome me to the Star.
This is a must for all budding chefs & food lovers alike

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Sounds like we should be offering you a job! Pleased all was to your liking and well done to a 'Star pupil'! Regards AP
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

We we're more than pleasantly surprised by The Star Inn. Having working in Michelin backgrounds I know these places to be very pretentious with staff who think they know best and snooty clientele but this was quite the opposite. The atmosphere was extremely laid back, the staff extremely friendly and the other other punters were just regular people like us. The food portions were very generous for such a well established restaurant and as expected the flavours and presentation were all there. We retired to the quaint monks quarters for coffee and had a lovely private chill out before our drive home. This place is exquisite. We've been recommended by others and ill be sure to pass on the good word! Not to mention that I left my iPhone there and they were good enough to hold it at the reception safe and sound for me!

1 Thank Kittyfloss24
StarInnHarome, Owner at The Star Inn, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Very good; we love our 'Star' and everything that goes with it. It's such a lovely place, wonderful ingredients and great staff to offer the whole 'Star package'. Glad to hear that you enjoyed the laid back atmosphere! AP
Belfast
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Everything about this hotel is top class, the accommodation, the meals, the seating areas. Everything. Loved it. The breakfast selection was first class too in the old wheelhouse. One thing it could improve on is replenishing the toiletries during the stay. I ran out of shampoo and shower gel.

2 Thank Geocacherbelfast
StarInnHarome, Owner at The Star Inn, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Top class! Many thanks AP
Middlesbrough
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This was something my husband and I had looked forward to for months and we were not disappointed. It was the end of March and quite cold but the open fire was a lovely welcome. We had drinks near the fire and given plenty of time to look at the menu and the specials. The food was amazing, Would recommend the twice baked soufflé with walnut brittle, and also the scallops. For main we had the veal and lamb dishes , and finished off with a traditional Yorkshire curd tart. Everything was amazing and will go again but will arrange to stay over next time, and try the taster menu.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments and your 'WOW'! You can't beat a Yorkshire Tart, can you - and the food's not bad either! Come and stay soon. Best AP.
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

June 15/6/13 Occasion The marriage of Charmaine and Karl was held at this beautiful picturesque hotel restaurant and all the planning went according to a very detailed plan and this was due to the hotel and it's staff.The ceremony meal and reception was held in the wheelhouse and wow what a lovely room it was,we also booked up all the rooms they had and my god they did not disappoint spacious and tastefully furnished out to a high standard and a beautiful sleep in lovely comfortable beds.Food was excellent and lived upto it's expectation.We would have no hesitation in recommending or revisiting here again.
A big thank you to the Star Inn all it's staff it was a perfect day once again thank you all.
From Russ and Gina mother and father of the bride.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Brilliant, thanks 'In-laws'; a day to remember for all the right reasons! Congratulations all round. AP.
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

We stopped for lunch to break up a journey and found The Star Inn to be a jewel! With a booking for 11 people at an hour's notice, on a Sunday lunch time, we were given the attic room to ourselves; the former "Monks Dormitory". It was beautiful, the food was divine and we found that lunch took four hours! Unreservedly recommended.

• Stayed September 2013
StarInnHarome, Owner at The Star Inn, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Top class! We sell hospitality... that's what Sundays are for! Regards AP
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harome
The Black Swan Hotel
The Grand Hotel & Spa
The Worsley Arms Hotel
The Worsley Arms Hotel
#1 of 1 in Hovingham

Been to The Star Inn? Share your experiences!