“just a delight !!”
Review of The Pheasant Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Harome
The Pheasant Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Harome
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“just a delight !!”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

This was a return visit and proved to be as delightful as the last !!! There is just something about this place that is so relaxing. The staff are , without exception, pleasant and eager to serve and absolutely nothing is too much trouble - a level of service which enhanced our whole stay. The dining experience was exceptional (apart from one very loud overbearing guest !) and the food . was just divine ! Breakfast was also excellent.
Our room was lovely , although the decor is perhaps looking a little tired (ceiling could do with painting and the bathroom could do with updating) - non of these slight negatives detracted from the enjoyment of our stay.
all in all we had a wonderful time and will definately be going back - THANKS TO ALL CONCERNED.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Hull
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed in the Rudland ( I think) and found it a delight. The bed was slightly too soft for my wife who is used to a very firm mattress, but i found it to be fine. The room had a comfortable sofa and a well stocked honesty bar with fair prices. This place has a truly stunning lounge area that boast open fires and plenty of magazines and books. Members of staff are always around to serve you all manner of food and drink. My wife ordered a tea (£3.50) and was brought 2 large tea pots filled with water and a selection of complimentary biscuits! I ordered a half bottle of wine and that came with complimentary bar snacks (homemade). The staff are all lovely and nothing is too much trouble. This really is first class service but without the formality that can turn service into being uncomfortable. Dont think about it just book it, you wont regret it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gastrofan1066
South Yorkshire
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We stayed here for our silver wedding anniversary and have stayed here before on a number of occasions. It would have been nice if our anniversary had been mentioned even once (having informed them in advance). The bedrooms are lovely as are the communal areas, and the staff are always very good. We have always had a bathroom that had not been refurbished, so this time we requested a room with a refurbished bathroom. Unfortunately, the shower took a very long time to warm up, and was very weak and the bathroom was rather dusty. We were quite disappointed by this having expected greater things at the Pheasant. Breakfast is always good here and is served in the very pleasant conservatory.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Northampton
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I recently stayed at The Pheasant for the first time and was totally staggered by how lovely it was. I stay in many International corporate 5* hotels but the attention to every detail here was something that I had never seen before. We were there for my mother's 70th birthday - and I just simply couldn't fault anything - the setting was beautiful, the rooms (as I got to see three due to my family staying!) were some of the most comfortable I have ever stayed in - with absolutely everything you may ever want! The service too was faultless.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
London
Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

We spent a night here for my father's birthday on a DB&B basis. The hotel is just lovely in a beautiful setting. The room was large and very comfortable. The hotel's communal areas are comfortable with lots of big squishy sofas. There is a small swimming pool. Both dinner and breakfast were delicious. My only tip old be to ask for a room with a refurbed bathroom on booking. About half the bathrooms have been redone. Ours hadn't and it was very dated and not to the standard of the rest of the hotel. As the rooms are all the same price you would wan the refurbed one.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BD75London
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I stayed at the pheasant with a large group for a friend's birthday. We arrived on a Saturday afternoon and spent time relaxing in the fantastic surroundsings of the terrace, garden and bar. The service from the staff was excellent, friendly and efficient as we enjoyed afternoon tea in the lounge. Many of the group also took advantage of the heated swimming pool which was a perfect way to work up an appetite for dinner. The room I stayed in was cosy and stylishly decorated with a huge, very comfortable bed. The complimentary Sloe gin and fresh fruit was a treat and while the bathroom was outdated and could do with renewing it was very clean. In the evening our group enjoyed a fantastic four course meal in the conservatory which was spacious and very relaxing. We ate from a set menu but there was plenty of choice and the food was excellent especially the cheese board! The breakfast which was also included in our package was also fantastic with a buffet followed by a choice of full English breafast, kippers, eggs benedict etc. I would really recoment the Pheasant for a relaxing break away with excellent service and fantastic food.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 17, 2012

My Aunt & Uncle held their Ruby Wedding Anniversary lunch for family and friends at this wonderful hotel/restaurant. We sat in the conservatory at a beautifully dressed dining table. The food was delicious and they were very kind in offering my 2 children something slightly different, so rather than beef they had fish & chips!

The staff were excellent from the moment we arrived and nothing was too much trouble. My husband and I had our wedding Reception in 2003 at The Star Inn, just around the corner, and I have to say I thought The Pheasant was just as nice!

I would highly recommend this hotel for a special celebration - my aunt & uncle were due to stay over night in one of the rooms and as regular visitors to the Pheasant I am sure they found the whole afternoon very special and will have been very pleased with the service.

Thank you!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harome
The Black Swan Hotel
Raithwaite Estate
#2 of 20 in Whitby
Middlethorpe Hall & Spa
The Talbot Hotel Malton

Been to The Pheasant Hotel? Share your experiences!