other travelers have booked this property

Review of 3 Oyster Way

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Jason D
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Needs maintenance”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 for a stay in March 2014
people found this review helpful

Our first impressions was that it was a lovely apartment. Very nice looking area, car park, close to the beach, lots of things going for it.
We had received a timetable and list of activities we could book during our stay. This was puzzling to us as the title said 2013 timetable, so we assumed it wasn't getting updated until summer time.
On our first day we went to book some activities at the leisure centre, where the guy behind the desk didn't know what we was even talking about.
We only asked to book Archery and Rifle Shooting on 2 separate days.
He told us to come back later when the lady behind the desk was back as she handled bookings.
When we finally managed to see her, she stated there was no activities, none of the staff were qualified to run the activities, and the timetable sent to us was outdated.

Disappointed at the lack of activities to do, we decided to go to the beach, which was close to the apartment, but through a construction site that we wasn't made aware of.
There was a lot of grit and dirt around the area, which ended up coming back to the apartment with us.

The apartment itself had a lot of issues. We was greeted with the sound of a continuous flush from the toilet, as this was stuck and needed pumping a few times to stop the water flow.
A few lightbulbs were not working, the glass cupboard door was stuck open as some of the screws were loose, making it uneven.
The lights themselves were low hanging, resulting me often banging my head on them, especially in the bedroom as it is near the entrance (im 6ft 5).

The owner left us instructions to work the oven, which we was grateful for, however they didn't provide a washing up bowl, so meant we needed to rely on the dish washer.
The dish washer had 3 types of settings, so you assume you have to set all 3 to a setting to get it to work. This wasn't the case and we spent a full night trying to make it wash our plates.

We went to the reception to ask for help, but was told since we did it privately, we need to contact the owner, and they couldn't help us.

We phoned up the office number provided, but nobody was available, so ended up calling an out of office hours number.
There was no phone in the apartment, and no service for our mobile phones inside.
The lady on the other end, couldn't hear me, so I had to walk outside and keep trying them.
Eventually the owner rang me back, saying the dishwasher works fine, and I was doing it wrong.
She told me to turn it off at the mains and put it to glass setting only, and ignore the other 2 settings. This would have been ok, if I didn't have to shout up to my partner through the window due to lousy reception.
If instructions were left in the first place it would have been fine.

There was no kitchen scissors, pizza tray, pizza cutter and tea towel. These are only minor things, but it all adds up.
All that was provided was hand wash, fairy liquid and 4 dish washer tablets, NOTHING else.

Nice looking apartment overall, but needs a lot of maintenance.
Doors to other apartments slammed, hall ways echoed resulting in a lot of noise from others coming and going.

We booked 7 days, Monday to Sunday
Wasn't allowed to enter until 4:30pm Monday
and had to leave by 10:30am Sunday
To me it felt like i lost out on 2 days I paid for.

We wouldn't stay here again privately, and wouldn't recommend it to others.

Date of stay: March 2014
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Maintenance of apartment
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
People with pets
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
Management Response
Mar 20, 2014
Hi

I am sorry you did not enjoy your holiday. I would like to comment on your issues

I will look into the Leisure time table. I checked 2 weeks ago and I was informed that the time table I am sending our is the current one. Sorry about that.

Lights all the lights were working on the day of your arrival.

toilet - If you had reported the repair I would have sent an engineer.

Building - we have no control on workings on the site

Dish washer - When you rang re the dishwasher you were very rude and irate. The mobile phone reception is poor at the bay and Hannah could not hear you. I rang you back immediately and asked you to follow my instructions in operating the dishwasher. You said you were outside but would return to the apartment where I talked you through how to operate the dish washer. (you had the washer on a timer) rather than confuse you I only informed you of the Glass cycle. Plugs are provided in the sink which you could use if you prefer.

Tea towel - we did provide a tea towel which a lot of the operators do not and the other extras.

I am surprised at your complaint re the arrival and departure times as this is usual.

I cannot comprehend why you did not speak to me re all the above issues when you spoke to me re the dishwasher 3 days into your holiday.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing