“A pleasant supprise”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of 22 The Parade

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Janet J
Hinckley, United Kingdom
“Great location, disappointing apartment Managers attitude”
Reviewed July 11, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

This is the third time I have stayed at The Bay and I love the location and facilities available. However I booked the accommodation through the owner and was disappointed with her attitude. I had emailed her my home address and phone number, as requested, and added that I would be staying with my Niece and would like extra bedding so she could use the sofa bed in the apartment. My husband had also confirmed in a phone call that my Niece was coming with me and not him. However this bedding was not available, then when I eventually managed (after several attempts) to get a message through to the owner (who lives in York), I was told abruptly that I had not requested this at all, she had checked my messages, and I would have had to pay extra as she is running a business!! I still have the email I had sent requesting this!
Had I been made aware of this I would have gladly paid! I decided that as my Niece could not sleep on a bare mattress, I had to drive into Filey at 9.30pm to purchase a duvet. They did not sell bedding so we made do with a couple of car blankets for her to sleep on, along with the duvet. Before I left for Filey, we found we could not lock the Apartment door, after several attempts. I could not get a reply from the manager and sent her a text.
On the following morning at 7.55am I was woken by loud banging on the door (which we had secured with an item of furniture!). I leapt out of bed and opened the door to find the manager, Bev, standing there with a man. Bev said they did not get my text till late and I should not text as she did not get them (she did not answer a phone call either but hey ho!!). The man then showed me how he could lock the door with the key (with great difficulty!), and eventually, with me on the landing in just my nightdress, Bev said she would move me, ordered me to be packed ready in 45 minutes and they would help me move. This they did.
I found the attitude of Bev C to be unnecessarily rude and offhand, I do not like to be made out to be a liar and feel as good customer service she could at the very least brought a bedding pack when she came on the Tuesday, as a gesture of goodwill. We were after all inconvenienced not only by the bedding but by a broken lock, resulting in upheaval. I then had a trip into Bridlington to purchase further bedding for the sofa bed!! NOT the best start to the holiday or the cheapest and I will not book through this owner again.

Traveling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Jul 11, 2015
My recollection of the events are very different. I did not receive an e-mail requesting extra bedding. You ran Hannah when you arrived for the extra bedding and rightly said no bedding had been requested. I tried to contact you by telephone. At one point I did get through but had no response I then received a text requesting me to text as you were unable to answer. I then received a text at 10.08pm informing me that you could not lock the door and were unable to go out that evening. I did not see the text until after 11 o'clock and decided early in the morning would be better. I came over early as I was concerned about the situation. I did try to contact you before I arrive but no answer. I did not bang loudly on the door and it was your decision to come out in your nightdress. I apologised about the lock but to be fair the lock was perfectly ok when the cleaners were in in the morning. (The repairer reported the lock had been pulled down by force.) I offered to move your belongings so as not to inconvenience you. You send you would be ready in 3 quarters of an hour. We returned and moved your belonging. You mentioned the bedding and all was okay. I did explain that we only provide extra bedding for more than 2 guest as the rental is more or extra bedding can be paid for. during the time I was with you you seemed happy with what had been done. I did mention that phone contact was better than text if you have a problem then we can discuss how you want the problem solving.
wheelchai...
Accrington, United Kingdom
“A pleasant supprise”
Reviewed June 25, 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

well coming on the rd towards filey! you go pass the filey round about and on for about 2miles going to Bridlington, then you see a pub sign on the left with the sign the Bay complex turn in and the reception is on the left .we stayed at22 the parade you park at the rear then go to the front door which has 4 flat numbers on it, 22 was upstairs .On entering you have a spacious hall type area the bedroom is facing the rear with a splendid view over the fields there are side drawers to the bed and a larger tallboy with a tele on it which my wife found it great lying on the bed with a glass of wine watching her soaps, there is also a cubbyhole for you hanging cloths. The bathroom has a nice big bath with shower which you will find very easy to use no problem with the water getting to hot all the time stayed at what ever it was set at great shower. The toilet and basin are there also not in a separate room. the living room /kitchen is modern you have everything to hand from fridge to dishwasher and all the usual utensils you need for kitchen use, the television is a nice big screen with a dvd player the sofa is a bit hard on your bum but on the whole a very comfortable place to stay. The pub down the road is a great watering hole with play area at the rear for the children the beach is only 5 mins round the corner .If you have a dog there are loads of places to walk and lots of owners to meet on the way lol !! There are other things to do on the complex but you will have to find out about them your self. So on the whole only being around 6or 7 miles from scarborough its a brilliant place to stay. I hope this review was of some help, we will be coming back to the bay complex we enjoyed our stay that much.!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The overall experience.
Liked least: The sofa
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Sue5pie
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
Reviewed June 3, 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Stayed in May 2015, three adults, 1 child and 2dogs. Plenty of room for all of us, everything you could need was supplied, from tin opener to towels. Great location 10min walk from beach, 5 min from a dog friendly pub, and dog walking field directly behind. Very clean and well maintained, would definitely recommend, and will be going back. Only suggestions we could make would be for the maps and info that are sent out with the keys to be a little clearer, would also be great if there was a better list/price list of the other properties that Bev has available left in the flat, for us to look at for future visits. All in all would definitely recommend, and will be going back :) thanks for a great stay!

Traveling group: Young Children
mackay53
Durham, United Kingdom
“This was amazing for the price”
Reviewed March 20, 2015 for a stay in March 2015

We stayed with our 20 month old grandson for 4 nights. The apartment was lovely and clean and decorated with nice bright colours. Plenty of windows giving a spacious feel .
Plenty of storage space.
We found it had everything one could need and more. We have stayed in villas and apartments ect which offer much less for a greater price.
The mattress was of good quality and very comfortable. Linen crisp and clean. Great to have the extras supplied such as the iron and board, toilet rolls, t towel, j cloth , washing up liquid and dishwasher tablets and 2 tv,s and dvd player which was great for the little one to watch his favourite shows.
We used the swimming pool on site which was fab. The pub and cafes are all child friendly. Good walks on site and access to sites own beach. A short drive to Filey, Bridlington and Scarborough.
Very impressed, we had a great time, we were not bothered by owners but we were supplied with plenty of ways to contact them if there were any problems.
We will return and will definitely recommend to family and friends.
Well done Hannah and Bev.

Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: everything
Liked least: nothing
Traveling group: Young Children
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
Abird50
“Excellent value for money”
Reviewed October 3, 2014 for a stay in September 2014

Bedroom great comfortable mattress pillows a bit flat but I always take my own,curtains nice decor lovely.
Kitchen good all that you need lounge comfortable aswell. Our dog loved it, walks to the beach,Scarborough and Bridlington in easy reach.
Had 2 meals at the pub was great because your dog can go into the pub too meals good value for money.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
jjslydle
Thetford, United Kingdom
“Excellent accommodation and value for money! Recommended.”
Reviewed September 21, 2014 for a stay in September 2014

For the price this was the best value self catering accommodation we have ever found. Immaculately clean, very tastefully furnished and decorated. Having all the linen included, plus heating and lighting and other little luxuries such as the TV in the bedroom and dishwasher is not standard for self catering let alone at this price.
Lovely views over the countryside from the bedroom, pity we chose a very foggy week and couldn't always appreciate this!
We didn't use the facilities which was our choice but understand from others they were very good.
The only criticism we had and this would be down to the village management not the apartment owners was the restricted parking at the back (think people need white lines to park considerately) and the very bright street lights on all night outside - don't think this is necessary.
As others have said, yes the curtains are light but I say if you are tired you will sleep - we certainly did but the lights outside are over the top.
All in all would thoroughly recommend this apartment, wish we could find an equivalent other places we stay!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The cleanliness and all inclusiveness of the apartment.
Liked least: The parking.
Families with young children Large groups
justjans
Traralgon, Australia
“Underwhelming”
Reviewed August 22, 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

The property was 3 miles out of Filey so away from the busy holiday makers there. I really liked having a washing machine, dishwasher and the oven and hobs worked well. Now-the bad stuff that we couldn't be bothered having someone in to fix-couldn't buzz someone up from the front door-the buzzer upper is broken. The exhaust fan and the adjustable head of the shower in bathroom-broken/not working. 6 lights, including the one over the hob, not working in kitchen area.. Bed has the WORST pillows I have ever paid to sleep on (note to others-take your own if you can). Bed also has sheets that don't fit and no mattress protector so you are sleeping directly where others have before. Carpet needs cleaning or chucking, curtains let in way too much light but you mightn't notice that if the sheets stayed tucked in and the pillows weren't crappy pancakes. Sofa is sagging and dining chairs are sagging and wonky! Kitchen lacks a decent sized saucepan, peeler, tongs, serving spoon and salad servesr. With no airer or outdoor lines to hang our washing on, the flat ended up looking like a Chinese laundry when we did our washing. I know the property is relatively cheap but even in cheap places I don't think the problems above shouldn't be fixed!

Liked best: Quiet location out of Filey
Liked least: Property is sadly run down and in need of ongoing maintenance
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Families with young children Large groups
Management Response
Aug 27, 2014
Hi

The bed has a mattress protector the same as the pillow cases and I have not had anyone else complain about not having a good night sleep. the carpet is no worse than I have seen in a 4 or 5 star hotel. I had the shower mended just before your arrival by a qualified plumber. I will have it checked and if it is broken I can only assume you are one of your party are responsible. It would have helped if you had notefied me during your stay of the adverse points you have put on trip advisor. Please inform us of where you usually holiday as it must be out of this world and perfect at a cheap price
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing