“Very good cafe”
Review of Twee Tea Room And Gifts - CLOSED

Twee Tea Room And Gifts
Description: A small tea room with homemade scones and cakes baked daily. We serve cream teas, afternoon teas, sandwiches, paninis, homemade soup and cakes. We also stock a small selection of gifts. Picnic boxes can be ordered for takeout and all cakes and scones are also available for take out. Situated in a sunny position we offer outside seating for those summer days.
England
“Very good cafe”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is the newest of the Filey cafes and they break the mould by opening first thing in the morning and staying open well after 3.30/4.00pm. Amazingly every other coffee shop in Filey seems to be closed by that time, so they get top marks for that alone. We have been there twice, once for a cream tea and the other for their afternoon tea. Both are very good. The scones are home made and the cream is clotted and served in very generous quantities. The afternoon tea is equally good. We had a mix of three different finger sandwiches, three different cakes (each) and a scone with jam and clotted cream, plus tea. The cost was £12 for two and the service and presentation was also very good. Not quite the Lighthouse inside (i.e. another Filey café), but close to faultless none the less.

• Visited October 2012

Wigan, United Kingdom
“"most welcoming"”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Called in for a cup of tea and just had to have a piece of the delicious looking apple pie. I was tempted by the homemade cream cakes, but i am going to save that until my next visit!!
The staff and atmosphere in the tea room was friendly and inviting. It is so nice feel welcome when visiting a new place.

• Visited August 2012
Leeds
“Definitely a must on my next visit”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Popped in for a pot of tea and wished I'd tried food too - next time I will. What a lovely friendly
little tea room. Spotlessly clean, lovely staff and oh so much to look at - the gifts! Each turn
of the head saw something else. Remarked to the staff and other diners that I often see items
I think I will make myself - but then I never get round to it. Already I'm thinking I will return to
this lovely gem in Filey for a cuppa and more. Kicking myself now that I didn't buy a particular
vase, some bunting, duck eggs, marmalade...etc etc.

Derby, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“what a gem!!!!”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

i have to share my find of this fantastic little tearoom ! i have been to filey many times and had tea and cakes in most and been pretty satisfied ,but this one called the TWEE tea room is special i had a scone with jam and cream and my friend had a most lovely portion of home baked cake it was out of this world the scones were wonderful i asked the lady if i could buy 4 more to take home. it is only a small tearoom but we were so impressed with the politeness and quality of their goods !!! just try it you wont be dissapointed !!

1 Thank lionel f
Filey, United Kingdom
“cream tea by the sea”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

found by chance this wonderful tea room spotlessly clean scrumptous homemade cakes and scones a must if visiting filey dont miss it

2 Thank mandy b