“Great time”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My daughter grandkids and myself called into the dotterall a lovely welcome an friendly atmosphere and tasty burgers the kids eat all there meals my daughter an I had the homemade pie really nice next week we are calling for carvery see you all next weekend

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (199)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had visited this pub before and the food was excellent, when we visited again hadn’t realised it had changed hands wish we had read reviews first , kids had pizza which was anaemic microwaved pizza I had so called chicken roast dinner which consisted of what again appeared to microwaved chicken breast that was cold ,several undercooked new potatoes frozen veg one Yorkshire pudding and small jug of instant thick gravy, never ate any chicken probably the worst food I’ve ever been served .

3  Thank 516SueL
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Absolutely awful food served here. Have visited before, was fab before. Now under new ownership. The most vile carvery I have ever seen and tasted. Meat so fatty is inedible, veg cheap frozen mush, Yorkshire puddings cold and soggy. Such a shame it’s gone downhill.

4  Thank 666club
Reviewed August 28, 2019

Popped in on passing, friendly welcome, lovely atmosphere and fabulous food of generous proportions, highly recommend a visit

3  Thank mireille h
Reviewed August 25, 2019 via mobile

We spotted the pub in passing and returned after our trip to the beach, Upton arriving there was no toilet roll in the ladies, this was then stocked up once the waitress overheard me mention it. I ordered lasagne it arrived still frozen with a hairy side salad, we took the plate back to the bar and the server responded with “what do you want me to do?” She was then going to cook me another one until I said I would rather have a cavery, I went to the cavery was served the fattiest piece of pork alongbwith lashings on the servers snot which he was wiping on his hands whilst he was slicing my meat. The mashed potato was more like crushed potato and the roast potatoes well they were on another level I left my meal. Whilst waiting for everyone else to finish I was looking round and my gosh that place is suppose to be under new management I don’t know who these new managers are but they need to hire a cleaner the cob webs hanging round the windows covered in hundreds of flies I couldn’t get out of there quick enough I’ve never ever eaten at such a dirty place in my whole life. The table was dirty when we arrived and we were served supermarket multipack fruit drinks for the kids which is actually illegal! My Pepsi glass was filthy will never be returning to this hell hole!

7  Thank W9798KCkellys