“Great stay”

White Rose Guest House
Ranked #8 of 19 Filey B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 17, 2013

One of the best B&Bs i have stayed in - the rooms are of the highest standard,very nicely decorated and very clean. Comfy bed, En suite bathroom to die for - as was the shower which I could of stayed in for hours!
Paul & Caroline made us feel very welcome and nothing was too much trouble for them.
Huge breakfast choice and food cooked perfectly - no need to ask for seconds!
I would definitely recommend anyone visiting Filey, and looking stay in a B&B - look no further than the White Rose - it really was one of the best places I have stayed in, and I will be going back as soon as I can.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
bullcar, Owner at White Rose Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you for you review of White Rose Guest House.

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and rated us so highly. It will be great to welcome you back soon. x

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Room was superb,comfy bed and lovely ensuite bathroom.Paul&Caroline have made the whole property work really well for their guests and as a home for themselves and we would recommend a stay there to anybody. A nice place to return to after a hard days tourism and a cracking breakfast in the mornings! Well done guys,we would like to book again in the summer and thankyou for all your help and hospitality.

Room Tip: They are all very nice rooms,you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
bullcar, Owner at White Rose Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and enjoyed everything Filey and the area has to offer.
Thank you for your feedback, it will be great to see you again in the summer. x

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Just had another lovely stay at White Rose. Paul and Caroline couldn't have been more accommodating. It was my partner's birthday so they left him a balloon, some chocolates and a card in the room. Such a lovely thought. We stayed in a 'king room' this time (upgraded free of charge) and it was fantastic. Lovely big room with probably one of the most comfiest beds I've slept in (except my own of course). The bathroom was big and everything spotlessly clean. The breakfast is ruddy lovely as usual. I would say however, if you choose the pancakes - beware!!! YOU GET LOADS!!! Ask for a smaller portion if you don't want to stuff yersen! We'll only stay at White Rose from now on.
Thanks again to Paul and Caroline. When we left it felt like we were leaving as friends!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
bullcar, Owner at White Rose Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Its always great to recieve great comments... and we know how well travelled you are.

It was good to see you both again and we are so pleased that you'll be returning again soon.

Hope you have a great time in India. x

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have stayed in many many different hotels and guest houses and the White Rose stands out from the rest. Why?-well thats easy to answer-Paul and Caroline make your stay special and very comfortable. Its the first time that I can honestly say that I cannot think of one fault, so keep on doing what you are doing as you are doing it right. I will recommend the White Rose to friends and family and look forward to staying again. The owners have everything covered and are very nice people. I agree with all the lovely comments left by people who have stayed and my only complaint is I should have stayed longer. They are in a good location for the sea front, park and shops all within short walking distances. Loved the board in the dining room listing menu choices etc. Thanks for looking after us so well. Till we meet again-in the words of a famous film star in a famous film----I'll be back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
bullcar, Owner at White Rose Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

We are pleased you agree with our past reviewers and you enjoyed your stay with us.

Even more improvements and updates are due for the 2013 season... we'll see you then. x

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Couldn't fault any service provided, from the choice at breakfast (recommend the pancakes but only if you're really hungry!) to the helpful local advice, to carrying luggage to filling your flask for the day's outing.
A seaside B& B with no chintz in sight! Tastefully decorated rooms with the most comfy B&B bed I've slept in and a modern en-suite with powerful shower even on the third floor. Lovely coastal theme pictures and posters without going over the top.
Great location, 2 minutes walk from the sea front, tucked away off main road with no traffic or people noise.

Room Tip: Room 6 at the top of house is in the eaves so perhaps not as much space as others but very quiet and...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank NikiB5382
bullcar, Owner at White Rose Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

We are happy that you couldn't find fault and enjoyed the facilities we offer. Thank you for taking the time to review our Guest House, we look forward to seeing you again soon. x

Reviewed September 10, 2012

If a place is good the attention to detail shines through. White Rose Guest House is much much better than good. My tests are simple.... Is the bathroom extractor fan clean or full of dust? - I think they polish them at White Rose! Can I have some marmite on my breakfast toast?.... that was far to easy! White Rose is everything other reviewers promised and more. Paul and Caroline are marvelous hosts and we will always be grateful to them for their hospitality and for sharing their local knowledge with us. Thanks & see you again soon.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Wow, thank you so much. It's great to know we passed your test and you enjoyed our hospitality, we do try hard to achieve this for all our guests.

It was a pleasure having you both stay with us. We look forward to your next visit. x

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Well what can I say that hasn't already been said..........?
This is my third stay at this truly wonderful B&B and each visit has been a "FIRST CLASS" service.
Paul and Caroline are doing a fabulous job at providing their guests with a touch of luxury, comfort and charm.
The other day my husband and I were watching the television program " Three in a bed " ..........you know the one about the best B&B and we both agreed that the hosts needed to come to the White Rose and see how its done by the " professionals".
I'm already planning to return in a couple of months and I cant wait.
I do have one complaint however...............I NEVER WANT TO GO HOME!
Thanks again guys , see you in October.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
bullcar, Owner at White Rose Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

Its great to see you coming back time after time, we are so pleased you enjoy your time here.

Thank you for taking the time to review White Rose Guest House.

See you in October..... x