Hallam Guest House
  • Bar/Lounge
Red Lea Hotel(Scarborough)
Rivelyn Hotel(Scarborough)
  • Restaurant
The Crown Spa Hotel(Scarborough)
  • Pool
The Esplanade Hotel(Scarborough)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfamily roomtop floorb broom was cleanbreakfast servedhouse huntingfull englishsmall bathroombreakfast was excellenttv with dvd playerbunk bedsstayed for one nightdouble roomshower gelfew minutes walkshort strollshort stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 22, 2013

My wife, daughter and I had a lovely short break on the East coast and it was made extra special thanks to the very warm welcome and excellent service provide by Sam & Chris. Superb breakfasts and spacious, comfortable rooms. We would eagerly recommend a stay here :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 17, 2013

hi we have just had a great weekend in filey,hallam house is a great place to stay the rooms are spacious and warm ,the food was a good breakfast plenty of it.the owners was very keen to make sure we had a comfortable stay in the house also in filey ,a good few eating places and pubs what we noticed that everyone is so friendly.definitely recommend hallam house.john n chris

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shents1
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Had a 2 night stay here in a cold february. Double room with on suite was spotless. Welcomed by a lovely lady who made us really welcome and cooks a great breakfast! Filey itself lovely and quiet. Would definitely recommend this as a place to stay

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I booked hallam guest with my two sisters and nephew, and dog, I had an amazing stay here, it was clean, warm and comfy, the owners were very nice and even set a table up for us to eat takeaway, my sister liked that they even had childs cultry for her two year old and a child booster seat for him to eat with us, not many places do this, breakfast was outstanding, will definatly stay again if I come back, also close to town and beach, thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I am so glad that I stumbled upon Hallam Guest House hidden away in the 'Speciality Lodging' area of Trip Advisor. I think that the most striking aspect of the stay was that I felt at home and at ease as soon as we walked through the door and met Sam. She was just what I want from a guest house host; friendly, welcoming, genuine, informative, unassuming, modest, always available if needed but with no annoying list of house rules. All of this meant that I felt completely relaxed.

The room (5, at the back of the house on the 2nd floor) was even better than I had thought it was going to be, and the shower room was spotless. The toiletries provided were brilliant quality. The bed was dead comfy and the pillows were supportive, as was the mattress.

The dining area felt relaxing and easy-going, yet clean and uncluttered. The quality of the cooked breakfast was superb; I never knew hash browns could taste that good, the sausages were obviously top quality and they were cooked evenly and perfectly (a rarity in itself) and when I commented on the perfect poached eggs I even gained a tip from the chef. Brilliant.

I genuinely feel that the prices charged for the rooms are way too low and that Hallam Guest House undersells itself. I honestly could not fault the place. Incredible value, that's what you get here.

Tip #1: Just ask Sam for the network key for your free wifi, she obliges with a smile in her voice.

Tip #2: JUST STAY THERE!

Room Tip: Room 5 on 2nd floor, at the back of the house was great. Very comfortable bed and absolutely everything we needed for our stay. We had a peep into 3 other rooms as we left and we'd have no hesitation in staying in any one of them.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple