“Perfect break”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Filey
Reighton Sands Holiday Park - Haven
Ranked #1 of 15 Specialty Lodging in Filey
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Perfect break”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Spent a 4 night, Monday to Friday break at Reighton sands 3rd week in June. Booked through haven holidays. We had a fantastic time, I had contacted them before asking for various accommodation needs and they came up trumps. Upon arrival we found we had been given a prestige caravan (I had booked duplex plus). I had asked for if possible: a veranda with sea view as I have a 2 year old who would be in bed most evenings so wanted somewhere to sit out and and my dad isn't well so the noise of the entertainment unfortunately isn't suitable. We couldn't have wished for better. We were in Oakwood M14 a beautiful 3 bed caravan with views over the bay, a perfect sun trap in the afternoon and early evening and spectacular sunsets. It was very quiet, right the back of the park but still only a few minutes walk to the main complex/pool/entertainment and children's play area.

We didn't eat in the mash and barrel but the food looked good and drinks were reasonably priced for that type of holiday. The outdoor area of the pub is perfect in the evenings after I had taken my little girl to the early part of the children's entertainment we could sit out and have a drink whilst she played in the really good children's area where we could see her all the time and was very safe.

I took my mum and dad and although my he does struggle with his mobility he managed fine with the distance and the pool was perfect for him as it is still shallow even at its deepest so he could go in at least and not be afraid which is something he doesn't usually get to take advantage of. My daughter loved it too and by end of holiday didn't want anyone 'helping' or holding her in the pool. The outdoor part of pool is lovely too. The weather was amazing which always makes it, but with the added bonus of the 'train' to the beach meant as a family we could all enjoy it together without having to worry about dad missing out. Best to go in the first part of the day though as the tide comes in early and by 2pm there's not much beach left so go in the morning if you want a few hours there. There's a new beach cafe very nice, it's costa coffee so quite pricey but a nice treat.

It was intended as a much needed break for me and my parents and we got just that. The staff were great and I'm already looking at when we can go back this summer. The park was easy to find and only a short drive from Filey. Visit The Eatery in Fiely great cafe that also does bistro/steak nights. Well worth a visit, homemade scones and lovely food and service.

I have been to other haven sites in the area in the past but this is by far my favourite for our needs. The staff were all great, entertainment, pool, shop and bar and a lovely guy on the door most days was always very happy to chat to my dad and my little one. Looking forward to a return trip soon hopefully.

Room Tip: Oakwood m14 was lovely, everything you could possibly need. Great sunset views. Get a veranda if you...
4 Thank Lulupinder
Reighton Sands H, Guest Relations Manager at Reighton Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Wow thank you for your perfect review

I’m thrilled to read that the team noted your requests and we were able to provide you with a holiday home that was perfect for you and your family. It sounds like the location was ideal too, not too far from the complex but still peaceful with stunning views – fabulous.

How wonderful that you also got to enjoy the beach as a family. The new beach cafe is a great addition to the park and very handy if your spending the day down there.

Your comments regarding the park, team and facilities are fantastic and really appreciated. The team love giving our guests a holiday to remember and will be delighted that you have great memories of yours.

All in all a great holiday we look forward to your return sometime soon.

Kind regards
Lesley Thurwell
Guest Relations Manager

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Guisborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed the last weekend of June at Reighton Sands. Lots of spaces to camp, lovely views of the coast. Shower block was fine, plenty of hot water. Went to the mash and barrel for tea on the Friday night...lovely meals, reasonably priced and quick. Went again for lunch on Saturday..again quick and delicious. Service on Saturday was fab too...cheery chap who was serving, certainly knows how to boost moral...nice to have service with a smile and a sing song :). Kids enjoyed fun factory. Pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank sallyally25
Reighton Sands H, Manager at Reighton Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Hi Sally

Thank you for posting this lovely review of your recent stay at Reighton Sands.

It sounds like you had a great weekend. I’m pleased you enjoyed the service from the mash and barrel team and had some lovely meals. I’m so glad the kids enjoyed the facilities and you all had a pleasant stay.

I hope we get the chance to welcome you back again soon.

Gateshead, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Booked a Fri to Mon trip via The Sun vouchers. The park is beautifully maintained, in a lovely area, next to a great beach. Very good facilites, including a swimming pool, with outside river, and a well stocked reasonably priced shop with friendly staff. This was our second Haven holiday, the first was Craig Tara in Scotland which was awful. Reighton Sands really changed our opinion, and we would definitely return here. The staff all seem professional and work hard; from the funstars to the cleaners. Our accommodation was clean and comfortable.
The only negative thing I would say is that its very obvious "The Sun" voucher people are put into the same areas (where the vans are overcrowded with no view), and also, when you book in, your keys are also kept in a segregated area!! I feel this is a little unfair, considering that we probably spent just as much (or even more money), than some families, in the entertainment/food complex, and it makes you feel a bit like you are not welcome. Apart from that, we had a really good time, and will go back again.

3 Thank marilyn b
Hi Marilyn

Thank you so much for posting this review

I’m so chuffed that your holiday at Reighton Sands restored you faith back into Haven Holidays. It’s wonderful to read that you found the park to be well maintained and the team to be professional and hardworking – I know that they all do their best to make sure our guests receive a great holiday experience and they will be so pleased to read your comments.

I’m sad to read that you felt like you were treated different because you booked through the sun promotion, we value each and every one of our guests. If you are looking to book again please contact me direct and I can make some requests on your booking if you would rather be in a quieter area with one of our stunning sea views.

I hope we get the chance to welcome you back again soon.

Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2014

This was a trip down memory lane for me, my Mum brought me to Reighton Sands over 20 years ago and I still remember the journey that time from Lincolnshire. The bumpy road was a welcome sight as I returned 20 years later with my own daughter, this time from Scotland so a long journey for a weekend trip. Well worth it. We upgraded to a premium caravan which I would highly recommend, they are much newer than the others and worth every penny for cleanliness and good beds.

We both enjoyed the show bar with the entertainment and my daughter of course loved the all the play areas inside and out. The out door pool was great though a little cold, what do you expect in Yorkshire!! Breakfast with the characters was really good fun, I would recommend that.

The only down side for me was the food in the Mash & Barrel, it was poor. Very cheap quality, microwavable food and not at the matching prices. When we come back (which we will) I will make sure we stock the cupboards and eat in the caravan. Again this was not really suprising, we stayed in Cayton Bay last year and it was the same, this is not really a place to come for a culinary experience, this is the place to come for fun for the children of all ages.

The beach is a real bonus to this park, it is clean and really pretty. There is a coffee shop on the beach and a little train that will take you up and down the steep hill from the caravan park. There is also a Spar shop which is really very hand too, perhaps too handy for all the rock but then this is the sea side.

We will be back, we are indeed already booked for next years girlie jaunt to Yorkshire.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a premium caravan. I would not choose to come to this resort or any of the other Haven...
2 Thank RedPepperEvents
Hello

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review of your recent holiday.

I’m so glad you came back to holiday with us after twenty years. So much has changed on the park since then, I hope it brought back lots of happy memories.

Thank you for the lovely comments on the beach being clean and really pretty – we are very lucky to have direct beach access to such a stunning location. We now have a land train that will take you up and down – this has proven very popular with our guests.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again next year.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

My family and I have been visiting Reighton Sands for a few years now, we really love going there! This year, we noticed there were some differences around the site, new signs, a beach café and a park, all of which we thought were great! We also noticed that Haven had put an 80s themed night on, which we would have absolutely loved to have attended dressed up, however we weren't informed until we got to the star bar. So, if there was anything I could change, it would be informing visitors of such events, because I think a lot of people would love that! Other than that, the holiday was stunning! We were very comfortable, we had a gorgeous view, and on one the days, our water was cut off for some reason, but the staff and maintenance team were fast and efficient at correcting whatever had gone wrong, and our water was back on in no time! Thanks for another great holiday! Hope to visit again soon :)

Room Tip: High Elms is awesome!
1 Thank Amy P
Hi Amy

WOW! What a great 5star review. It’s always nice to receive feedback from our valued returning guests.

It sounds like you had a great holiday – no need to thank us, it’s what we are here for.

I’m so pleased that you thought the improvements we made to the park over winter are great – the ideas come from our guests and there great feedback.

I hope we get the chance to welcome you all back again soon for another great holiday.

lincs
Reviewed June 27, 2014

We stayed at this Haven site over a week-end. There were 7 in our party and we had booked a prestige 3 bedroom through Haven. I was quite surprised when we arrived it was not as prestige as I would have hoped for or like the images that our shown on the Haven online site. The caravan was comfortable and the living area was spacious. The fridge that is provided it tiny to consider the caravan is for 8 people and the basic fresh food you need for 3 days.
When unpacking in the main bedroom wardrobe there was a very mouldy pillow. My husband took this over to reception and it was replaced.
The nightly entertainment was really good on the Friday and Saturday Night and my children really enjoyed it which is what it is all about.
The swimmimg pool was lovely and clean and we all enjoyed using it especially the outside pool and lazy river.
We did struggle continually with our shower it would start fine but then would go cold then scolding hot. We informed reception on the saturday and the maintenance man came out and said it was fine?!? Reception contacted us to make sure the job had been done which was really good. That night while showering exactly the same happened again which meant I could not let my children shower. Luckily they showered at the pool earlier. I informed reception again sunday morning and was advised it would be checked again. Unsure if it was checked as we went out for the day but when we showered that night the same happened again. We spoke to the manager on Monday morning who advised she would look into the issue and were offered a token gesture.
This Haven site is clean and well kept. My children had a great time.

2 Thank busymumlincs
Hello

Thank you for taking the time to post this review of your recent holiday.

I’m pleased that your children had a great time and that you all enjoyed the swimming pool and outside lazy river – this has proven to be very popular with our guests.

Thank you for your kind comments on the site being clean and well kept – I know all the team work hard to achieve this high standard and they will be so pleased to see that it isn’t going unnoticed.

I’m sorry that you had trouble with your shower. If you are looking to book again please contact me direct and I will personally monitor your booking and ensure all jobs are resolved.
I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We were last at Reighton Sands twelve years ago and were looking forward to going back, the standard two bedroom caravan was clean and comfortable, better than the 'bronze' ones we used to stay in. The bed was already made up but we used our own bedding and took our own towels and toilet roll, toiletries etc.

Had a meal in the Mash and Barrel, hot, cooked, arrived quickly, waiter friendly and pleasant but the meal was a bit pricey - two drinks and two meals for £32.

Had a walk down to the beach but couldn't get onto the beach, looked a bit dangerous at the end of the path, which to be fair on the walk down, is better with the rope handle.

Entertainment - very disappointed , would totally agree with previous comments made. Found the children running round very annoying and once the club has closed, not much chance of sleep before 1am though

Perhaps Reighton Sands should change to become an adults only camp and get better entertainment in, after all Primrose Valley just up the road is more than suitable for families. I feel this would be the making of Reighton Sands, especially as I understand there are more private owners than Haven caravans on site.

Drove into Filey to the local Tesco as we were self-catering as previous experiences of camp shops are usually expensive.

A average holiday on a lovely camp with great views over the bay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jo P
Hello

Thank you for taking the time to post this review

It’s wonderful to read that you returned to Reighton Sands after twelve years, even better that you saw an improvement on the accommodation that you stayed in.

It’s a shame that you felt disappointed with the entertainment – I will be sure to pass your feedback on to the management team to review. We value our guest’s feedback as it helps us to make necessary changes to improve our guest experiences.

I hope we get the chance to welcome you back again soon

Holiday Experience Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Filey
Marine Residence
#6 of 28 in Scarborough
Ambassador Hotel
Ambassador Hotel
#24 of 28 in Scarborough

Been to Reighton Sands Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!