“Twice this year”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Filey
Reighton Sands Holiday Park - Haven
Ranked #2 of 16 Specialty Lodging in Filey
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Twice this year”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

This is our favourite Haven site. This time as we take our dog we were on the Beech Rise side of the site. Much better than Rowan. Caravan was clean enough. Site is clean as well. Did not eat at Mash & Barrel as was disappointed last time. Since we were child free we did not go in to the Showbar. Pool was good except one large family that decided it was there pool and there pool only. This did put a tinge on the pool. Will return again but hope we are not in Rowan.

Room Tip: Rowan caravans are close to each other.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Reighton Sands H, Manager at Reighton Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Hello

Thank you for posting this review of your recent holiday.

I’m so chuffed to hear that Reighton Sands is your favourite Haven site – its mine too.

I’m glad you will be returning again soon, please call the park reception direct on 01723 890 476 and we can put some requests on your booking to suit your preferred location.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Oakham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2014

First impressions were good but had some issues. We didn't go to the entertainment as we had as young baby with us. The caravan was on first impressions clean but we found dog hairs on a regular basis, not great with a baby! The swimming pool was quite small and I felt the pictures online were misleading. We were expecting a child's pool and water slides etc but disappointed. The food in the restaurant was good quality but overpriced and the menu very limited unless you like chips with everything! The grounds were very clean and staff helpful, repairs were dealt with quickly.

Hello

Thank you for taking the time to review the park.

I’m sorry to hear that some aspects of the holiday park didn’t meet your expectations – I will be sure to pass your feedback on for management review. Feedback like this really helps us to improve where necessary.

Thank you for your kind comments on the grounds being very clean and the team helpful, I know they will be so pleased to hear this.

I do hope we get the chance to welcome you back again soon

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Just home today after a 7 night break, this was our second haven holiday different park, I booked the same level of caravan as I thought the one last year was brilliant, although it turned out last time was a free upgrade from delux plus to prestige, needless to say we were bitterly disappointed, we decided to head back to reception as not only was the caravans like sardines there was also no parking beside the van, it was only when we went back up to ask if this was the level we booked we realised we'd been upgraded last time, if I had known I would have re booked, but thanks to the lady dealing with us, we were upgraded, and it really made a difference to our holiday, and I really appreciated the gesture. The pool was lovely and the sun on the last few days really made the lazy river. We had a drink at the mash and barrel mist evenings and took advantage of the early deal 25% off food. Food was lovely. Was a shame we missed out on the pizza offer that just came as we were leaving.

The 2p machines kept us busy at night, staff were great at rescuing lost prizes, park is really clean and well maintained, and staff are all lovely and happy to help.

Room Tip: Pine ridge was a good area, rowan close too cram packed
Hello

Thank you so much for posting this 5 star review.

I’m so pleased that your caravan was sorted out to your satisfaction, sometimes its little gestures like this that go a long way with our guests.

I’m pleased you enjoyed the swimming pool and lazy river – this seems to be very popular with our guests and is absolutely wonderful to sit outside when the sun is shining. I’m glad you were able to enjoy this.

I do hope we will get the chance to welcome you back again and hopeful you can try out that pizza offer.

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 21, 2014

we returned to this holiday park again just the two of us after usually coming with all the family. the park is lovely absolutely spotless as was our caravan. the staff were all lovely too. we got a great welcome in reception. everyone from the security guards to the shop staff were friendly and cheerful. the food in the mash and barrel was lovely, the service fast and friendly. just one thing spoiled our week, the entertainment or rather lack of it.we have been coming to haven for twenty something years the visiting cabarets were varied and really good. puppets.magians, comedians,showbands and singers. as the years have passed the entertainment has really gone down hill. we had one visiting cabaret the rest of the time it was havenmates shows or simply nothing. childrens club until late then an adults game that goes on and on is not entertainment. yes the world cup was on and the first night england played they put a singer on in the mash and barrel while everyone was singing and chanting but nothing later on in the club.a late night disco started most nights in the club at half past 10 so we were back in our van most nights by 25 to 11. as i have very limited mobility and also dont drink the entertainment is a big part of my holiday so sadly we will have to look elsewhere now to spend our holidays. such a shame.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pricegang
Hello

Thank you for taking the time to post this review.

It sounds like your holiday got off to a great start with a spotlessly clean caravan and lovely team on park.

It’s a shame that you felt let down by the lack of entertainment this year – I will be sure to pass your comments over to the relevant management team. We really do value our guest’s feedback, it helps us to improve where necessary.

I’m sorry to hear that you will not be returning to Reighton Sands but i do hope that you will continue to holiday with Haven

Darwen, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Reighton Sands has wounderfull views of Filey Bay, we stayed for four nights, the staff were pleasant and extremely helpful, world cup was on so we expected a lot of shouting in the bars but it was not as bad as we expected. We did lots of walking along the cost paths into Filey and Bridlington. Bus service to Filey and Scarbourgh is superb. caravan site is large and has a big dog walking area that our dog loved. For the price the camp is very good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank moor2014
Reighton Sands H, Guest Relations Manager at Reighton Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments.

I agree that we are very lucky to be surrounded by such beautiful scenery, from the views across the bay to beautiful cliff walks. If you enjoy being outdoors we have a leaflet of lovely local walks from the park in reception, just pop in for a copy next time you visit.

It sounds like Reighton Sands is an ideal place for you to take your holidays and we hope to welcome you back here sometime soon.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Just got back from a wonderful holiday at reighton sands, and what a fantastic holiday it was. Location was wonderful and staff were fantastic, I would especially like to thank ryan h for running our drinks out to us as i am wheelchair bound and he did so everytime without any fuss.Our caravan was spacious and clean and the activities on offer were great for the kids. Brilliant holiday and i look forward to coming back in the summer holidays

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hello Alexander many thanks for your fantastic review.

I’m delighted to read that your holiday here with us was a good one and that we were able to make such a good impression – this is fantastic feedback and very much appreciated.

The team on park love nothing more than to give our much valued guests a holiday to remember and will be thrilled that you have great memories of yours. I have passed your lovely comments on to all but in particular Ryan H for giving that little extra.

We can’t wait to see you again in the summer holiday’s for another wonderful break.

Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

I booked this holiday last year direct through Haven, my husband is on dialysis, so we had to book early to arrange dialysis whilst here.
I called to ask if it was possible to check in early as we had to he at the hospital by 1.30 on the Monday, I was told not a problem, I offered to pay to check on early or an extra night, I was told there was no need, so after 2 phone calls it was sorted that we could check in early, around 12.30
We turned up at 12.20, to be told there was nothing on our booking to say I'd rang, and I had twice.
I felt like I was being accused of lying, so I was then told to come back in 15 mins.
I went back and thankfully was given the key and dealt with a younger member of staff who was much more polite and helpful than the previous lady.
We arrived at the caravan in pine ridge, gutted that the caravan was facing away from the sea, the hundreds of caravans on the site and ours is faced the opposite way, our view was the road, and the noise was terrible, from bin lorries, tractors, cars, buses all day long from 7 am in a morning, so my husband had next to no sleep, the decking on the front wasn't accessible from in the caravan you had to go out and up steps, which was no good with my husband struggling, plus all you'd see was the cars and buses all day. Not the relaxing break we thought haven could provide.
The area the site in is fantastic, filey is Lovely, we would definitely return to the area next year, we'd have to have a search for different site where we aren't sat with the constant flow of traffic allday.
I am so disappointed, it's our first holiday in 5 years, we've never been to the area so only did a Monday to Friday, would come back to the area 100% and next year we want to come for a week, haven did let us down, they knew my husband had an illness, I'd explained that on the phone, we just wanted a caravan with a view and some decking to sit on, we got neither.
And for such a big site you'd think that was possible. It seems they didn't care and obviously didn't put anything on our booking to say so.
We didn't say anything when there as on the arrival we'd literally unpacked and dashed to hospital, then got back about 8pm, and my hubby went to bed, we needed some more pillows as there was no spare ones and he needed a few to sit up and be comfortable, I rang and was told they were in the wardrobes, but in our van there wasn't. So we just had to make do, so after the first time of asking for help and getting nowhere I didn't bother again.
The shop is quite expensive, but there are supermarkets in the area.
We didn't use any of the facilities so can't comment on them.
All in all we enjoyed just being away, site is nice and clean, just make sure you don't stay in pine ridge in the vans facing the road, it made what could have been a fabulous holiday less enjoyable, back to the drawing board to find suitable accommodation for next year

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Louise S
Reighton Sands H, Guest Relations Manager at Reighton Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Hello Louise

Thank you for leaving your comments.

I am so sorry that your visit to our Reighton Sands did not run as smoothly as expected. As you have also emailed this post to our trip advisor mail box a response has been forwarded in the post.

Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Filey
White Lodge Hotel
Monarch Hotel
Monarch Hotel
#3 of 6 in Bridlington
Crows Nest Caravan Park

Been to Reighton Sands Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!