“Nice Break”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Filey
Primrose Valley Holiday Park - Haven
Ranked #3 of 16 Specialty Lodging in Filey
Reviewed March 28, 2014

On arrival to the park, we were given directions from security to reception, both security and reception staff are very helpful and friendly.

This was are first time at this site, which is clean and very large, and for the people without a car they could do with a little train that runs around the park.
We didn't use the entertainment complex, but the bar was ok.

We stayed in a standard caravan, there was no heating in both bedrooms or the bathroom, but we took an oil radiator and a convection heater with us, without these it would have been freezing, plus are own bedding and duvet.
Which I think you need to do at this time of the year.
The rest of the caravan was clean and adequately equipped.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Primrose V, Guest Relations Manager at Primrose Valley Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Hello darrenelain,

It is always a pleasure to read a review from a family that has enjoyed their stay with us and I would firstly like to thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments.
We do have lots of facilities on park and our teams do work really hard to keep everywhere clean and well maintained.
It can be slightly chilly at this time of year and we do always offer upgrades to centrally heated holiday homes where possible. However, I am pleased to hear that this didn't stop you thoroughly enjoying you time here with us.

We hope to welcome you back to Primrose Valley in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Just come back today , the park was a nice park and lots for the children am sorry to say our caravan was the prestige and the attention to detail was lacking . Prestige is the second highest level and the electric fan in the shower room/ toilet did not work and two of the lights in living room and kitchen were not working . When we arrived we found the water was not working after walking down to reception to tell them was told "yes we know it's off repair work and will be on in a hour " . Would have liked to be told that when I checked in . Our caravan had a sticker on it saying it was for sale and it was obvious that the net curtain had been taken down from the full length French windows, facing straight onto the road , so people would be able to view. Contacted reception requesting the replacement of the net for some privacy to be told it might have been removed because it was damage but the would look into it. Heard nothing from them so next morning when to reception and again asked for a net curtain was told they would sort it . They did nothing and therefore for the whole 4 days there we had to have the curtains closed for our own privacy. Went to the Mash and Barrel on the Wednesday for a treat my food was fine until I found what looked like blood in my chicken , on looking a little deeper there was a area of obvious raw chicken . I told the waiter , who at first said it was just a vain , I told him to take it back and said not to bring it back . A short while later another person came and said the chef had said it was just a vain but he was happy to replace it , I said no thanks and then pointed out that I had been eating food for the last fifty years and cooking for at least the last 35 years so I could be expected to know when something was undercooked and even if it was a vain it still shouldn't have blood in it is red . He went away promising to return , he never did but as we left we saw a group of 4 people at the door of the kitchen watching . Never even asked if they could refund the cost of my part of the meal .

Davgina,

I would firstly like to thank you for leaving your review about your recent stay here with us. The park does have a wide range of facilities and activities for all members of the family and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We do pride ourselves on the standard and cleanliness of our accommodation and therefore I am sorry to hear that you found the standard below your expectations. It is a shame to read that you had a less than satisfactory experience in the Mash and Barrel restaurant. I will of course pass this feedback to the Manager to ensure that this matter is cleared up.

If you would like to call me on 01723 513771 or email me verity.hull@bourne-leisure.co.uk I will be more than happy to discuss the actions we have put in place as a result of your review.

I would like to thank you once again for taking the time to leave your review and we hope to see you all again soon.

Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

I booked this on a Sunday arrived the next day, checked in 3pm on the dot eventually found the caravan fairly clean although the main floor needed to be cleaned by us dirty mop n bucket inside. Amenities at either end of site, free wifi for 15mins a day if you can get logged on. Park overall clean & tidy. Spar quite expensive as is papa johns who insidently smoke in the cars whilst delivering!! & removing another pizza company's flyers from caravans. Didn't try food in any eateries just a couple of drinks in the mash & barrel staff were brilliant with are 2yr old.
Small kids pool does the job if a little cold. All staff friendly especially the security staff always smiling. There were a few issues with the caravan nothing major but need to speak to someone regarding these if I get a reply.
We would stay again

Stayed: March 2014

Hello Chipstar13,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about your holiday with us. We are very proud of our teams on park and we know that each individual team member takes a great deal of pride in delivering exceptional customer service. I will pass on the feedback about the security team, I’m sure they will smile even more to realise that they left such a good impression with you, and likewise for the Mash and Barrel team. It is a shame that you didn't have the opportunity to try the food in some of our other venues as we have had some superb feedback from our 2014 menu. With regards to your comments about Papa John’s, I will forward your review to the Manager and personally ensure action is taken.
You have mentioned that you would like to speak to someone and I would love to have a chat with you. My number is 01723 513771. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

we have just stayed here for a weekend and our children loved every minute. We usually stay at another Haven site nearby but were disappointed with the entertainment last summer, so thought we could try primrose, and boy are we glad we did. The site is clean, well maintained and above all the staff and security are really friendly and helpful.
The pool is great entertainment, and I have never seen so many life guards on shift in one place, and above all they were actually "watching".
The morning, afternoon and evening entertainment was fantastic. My children loved Deb's and I must admit it was easy to see why. she was kind, friendly and helpful. she had such a great attitude. sorry Haven but this young lady is wasted at Haven and should be in teaching......I told her as much too!!!!
We cant forget the other staff as they were great too. A big thank you to all of them for making our children feel so welcome and special. I know its hard work and you probably don't get much thanks but I can assure you we really do appreciate what you do.
if anyone is thinking of staying at primrose please do. we will be booking to go back again and I hope our next visit will be a good as this one has been.

Room Tip: go out of season if at all possible. bring your own food if you can.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Catherine K

Hello Catherine K,

WOW, thank you for such a great 5 * review. I notice that the entertainment was the highlight of your holiday with us. I have passed on your brilliant review about Debs on the Entertainments team. We all feel she a superb asset to the team and the park as a whole. I will also be passing on the feedback about the other team members on park.
I am thrilled that you all enjoyed your stay with us and that you will be returning to stay with us again. We look forward to welcoming you back to create more happy family memories.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

My husband and I and 19 month old granddaughter arrived at 4pm on Friday and check in was quick and the staff were friendly, our caravan was located near all amenities, we upgraded to a deluxe van but when we got there our caravan had been upgraded free of charge with full central heating and all beds made up and TV had a DVD player, it was clean and spacious. the animation team we great and there were lots to do, the restaurants were reasonably priced. we checked out the swimming pools and they looked like they had been redone very clean and colour full, we booked with the sun £9:50 holidays and will be going back next year,

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Primrose V, Manager at Primrose Valley Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2014

Thank you so much for leaving a lovely review about your holiday with us.

I do hope that you have been able to book ready for next year – It sounds like you stayed in a Prestige holiday home. If you call us direct on 01723 513771 we will be able to advise you of various upgrade options.

We do have various changes being made over the winter period and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Just back from a great weekend hear. The park is a bit over priced for drinks ect. but the staff definatly make up for that. Funstar DEBS was amazing and is wasted hear she should have her own saturday night itv show lol.

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your stay with us earlier in the year.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed the entertainment here and I do hope that you will be back to stay with us in 2015.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

The caravan was great but the site is so expensive... Not many meals for less than £10 each and the quality and service was shocking.... Won't be back without me winning lotto. The most expensive place I have been in a long with the worst service

1  Thank Caslad1974
Primrose V, Guest Relations Manager at Primrose Valley Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Hello Caslad1974,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we are so pleased to hear that you thought the caravan was great. We get lots of compliments about the holiday homes we offer here. I was however disappointed to read that you found the meals expensive. Did you realise that we offer a “£19.95 feed a family of four meal deal” in the Mash and Barrel? We are currently offering Meatballs and Pasta with garlic bread and salad or Southern Fried Chicken Combo. With regards to the mention of customer service I am sorry to hear that you found it unsatisfactory. We pride ourselves on having a friendly and helpful team. I will of course pass this feedback on to the management team.

We do hope that you will return to Primrose Valley in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally on 01723 513771 or email me verity.hull@bourne-leisure.co.uk.

Communication Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Filey
White Lodge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Hunmanby
Thornwick Bay Holiday Village
Crows Nest Caravan Park
The Royal Oak Near Filey

Been to Primrose Valley Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!