“Crathorne Arms”

Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Crathorne
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Crathorne Arms is now under new ownership, we have been open since the beginning of December 2013. Food Opening hours are: Tuesday Lunch to Saturday Lunch 12.00 Till 2.15Pm Tuesday Dinner to Saturday Dinner 6pm till 9.30Pm Sunday Lunch 12.00 Till 3.30Pm We are closed Sunday Night and All Day Monday.
redcar
“Crathorne Arms”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Well thought out and presented menu & delicious food.
I 'collect' restaurants Worldwide (ask for a business card from those that impress - I've got this one) - 28 countries.
A fine ambassador for the area. (Beats the pretentious Crathorne Hotel across the road hands down!)

stockton
“Michalin 5 STAR from £12.95 BRILLIANT FOOD”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Just had a fantastic Bistro meal at the Crathorne Arms. Tom the owner and chef is ex head chef at Star of Harem Helmesley. this place is up with Judges for fab food
A Two course meal from Tues-Friday is only £12.95, first class Michalin star food at a brilliant price. Although I do not eat my fellow mammals for those who do all the game is delivered fresh daily by the gamekeeper of the estate. Other ingredients are sourced from local suppliers in Whitby, Hartlepool etc.
One word from a very fussy eater about this place is FANTASTIC
Phil said the beers were amazing as well as the food

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank zorba7
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Not your usual pub food”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Enjoyed a Saturday night meal with friends here. Surprisingly the restaurant was not very busy but the food was good, though the portions are not very substantial. The menu is very varied, we looked it up on the internet first and were impressed with the choice.
Another thing I found unusual was it was rather cold for a restaurant, I could have done with wearing warm clothing for the meal.

• Visited November 2012
Middlesbrough, England
“daylight robbery”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Recently visited the restaurant with a large party for my grandmas 80th. Obviously was meant to be a special occasion, it wasn’t.
I personally found the menu incredibly pretentious, which wouldn’t have mattered if the kitchen staff had been up for the challenge, they weren't. The portion size was ridiculous for the price, but would have ok if the flavour made up for it, it didn’t
I ordered a duck starter, although it looked pretty it was lacking in any sort of flavour, was just bland shredded meat squashed into a cylinder shape, unfortunately no other aspect of the dish made up for this, the menu said served with crackling, it could have been mistaken for a walnut.
On to the main course pork with apple and some other elements that I can’t remember, unfortunately as flavoursome as the first course. The side dish (costing £3 consisted of vegetables that had obviously been cooked and reheated in the microwave, badly)
The only redeeming factor of the whole experience was the desert, the brownie was lovely, however so if the chocolate pudding you can get at any local pub.
If I had been the only member of the party of 11 to have a meal that was unsatisfactory I would have written t off as a bad choice, unfortunately everyone had the same experience. So much so that we were all raving over the home made birthday cake, which was nice but at the end of the day was just a bit of Victoria sponge and shouldn’t have been the highlight of the evening.
also thought I would add that I am a student whose normal diet consists of oven pizza and spag boll (although I do cook) as such any restraunt should be an improvement, I do like good food and it is not my first experience of 'fine dining' both my parents are foodie types so it not that I didn’t know what to expect.
I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone, and would advise the kitchen staff that they need to learn to season there food, and taste it before it leaves the kitchen for guests who are paying (quite allot for the experience)

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Rachael292
Yarm
“Yummy food as always”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The Sunday lunch was tasty and good value for money. The only slight moan would be that my husband had the pigeon...yes I know the Crathorne love to serve their meat as it should be which is quite rare but the pigeon was really really really rare, even my husband struggled with it. Saying that, the rest was delicious.

Visited September 2012