“fantastic wedding venue”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Crathorne
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
“fantastic wedding venue”
Reviewed September 27, 2010

we got married here on 25th september 2010. the whole day was brilliant, the staff are so professional and attentive, the rooms are fabulous, food lovely and location stunning. would definitely recommend this hotel for either a short break or for a wedding celebration. we have already booked a stay to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. cant wait to come back.

allison and david senior

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
North London UK
Reviewed September 15, 2010

Just wanted to add my complete satisfaction whilst visiting and staying at Crathorne over the last 18 months, unfortunatly my stays will becoming to an end due to business relocation, i want to pass on my praise to the friendly and welcoming staff, who remeber the smallest details and made feel as though i was at home and made my stays so comfortable,also to the excellent kitchen team and the housekeeping team for the high level of quality and standards, finally to Hand picked who have obviously invested and coninue to invest into the quality of the hotel and team.
In my opion I have to say that this is one of the best hotelsl I have stayed at..

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Manchester
Reviewed August 11, 2010

Having stayed at Crathorne for our first wedding anniversary last year we were both very looking forward to returning. Not only was it our second wedding anniversary but my first night out after giving birth to our beautiful baby girl who may not have been around if it wasnt for our first Crathorne visit! What a huge disappointment, so much so that we checked out and we wont be returning. We are both globally well travelled professionals,having been lucky to stay in some beautiful 5 star hotels around the world and the treatment that we received at Crathorne was pathetic. Last year we had brought a bottle of DP champagne and asked if we could drink it outside, they happily agreed so much so that they even brought us some complimentary strawberrys and cream. This year we thought we would do the same,however after finishing the bottle(we opened it in our room and decided to have lunch) with lunch from the hotel, we were rudely told that we shouldnt have done that, would be charged £20 corkage. Our response was why didnt you tell us before we had finished and before we had lunch as we had a second bottle to enjoy. The manager very patronisingly retorted that we should know this and now it was £30 and we would have to pay,also that the 2 waiters who had served us were too junior to tell us of the corkage! I was not prepared to pay for something after the event,they obviously have training issues ( the waiters could not explain several dishes on the menu and the lunch that I had was supposed to be crayfish with toasted bread but I recieved prawns with normal bread( now I am being pedantic as I wouldnt complain about this normally!)I was also far from impressed from being spoken to so patronisingly when they had happily let us drink it last year. I was upset and did swear which I apologised immediatley for (only 5hours sleep with baby girl) but then my husband was frogmarched into the general managers office who eventually agreed to not charge us but demanded an apology for speaking to the manager is such a way,which I had already done. We decided to check out despite having dinner booked at the restaurant as the moment had been spoilt. We were then told we were barred. We drove back to Manchester bearing in mind my husband was driving and several hours elapsed to ensure he wasnt over the limit. Strangely we were stopped by an unmarked police car several miles down the road, who immediately read my husband his rights before breathalising him,which he obviously passed as he had only 2 glasses hours previously. I'm not making accusations but very coincidental!!!
We booked into the Lowry (excellent servic )and had a delicious meal at Gaucho Grill again so fortunately our annivesary was not entirely ruined.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
10 Thank bambi678
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2010

This is one of the small Hand Picked group of luxury hotels in large historic houses. Rooms are very comfortable, public rooms well-appointed, extensive grounds well maintained. The restaurant offers fine dining and the staff are friendly and give excellent service.

At the rack rate, this hotel is an expensive option but fair value for money if you can afford to lash out.

However, I was lucky to find a fantastic Sunday to Wednesday deal on eBookers during the week after Easter, which made this a really excellent choice! The hotel is heavily booked for weddings at weekends, so the best deals are Sunday o Thursday nights. Dinner in the hotel was offered as £35 and £45 3-course menus with sensibly limited choices of excellent cuisine. However, the Winter Deal includes the £35 dinners and throws in pre-dinner champagne and canapes, coffee and mints, a luxurious bedroom and top-quality breakfast served at your table for little more than the cost of the dinners!

Drinks are typical hotel prices, with wine starting at £19 a bottle but that's fair enough, given the deal I just described.

We had a wonderful few days and celebrated my wife's birthday there in style. We would definitely use Hand Picked Hotels again if this deal was available.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
North Yorkshire
Reviewed June 17, 2010

My husband and I got married here on 6/6/10 and from the moment we started planning right through to the morning after nothing was too much for any of the staff.
We had quite a few guests stopping overnight and everyone commented how lovely their rooms were and how lovely the whole wedding and the breakfast the next day was.
I would definatly stop at Crathorne Hall again.

• Stayed June 2010
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 26, 2010

On the occasion of my daughters wedding which took place at Crathorne Hall on the 14/05/2010 at 1300hrs the thanks that I and my family, close and extended gave to the staff seem to be totally inadequate.

My daughter and now son in law , fell in love with Crathorne Hall as we approached down the driveway through the wooded area and the building itself came into view.They were blown away as Crathorne Hall was everything they had dreamed of for a perfect wedding a fairy tale come true.

On entering the Hall we were met by Mark who answered all of our questions and gave us relevent information. At this point we decided this was the perfect venue for our daughters big day. A special thank-you to you Mark, who then introduced us to Vicki the Wedding Planner who helped guide our daughter and son-in-law through the neccessary arrangements she ensured that all our requests were met as best she could thankyou very much.

The rooms were grand, far superior to other like establishments in the area. They were of the highest standard, immaculately clean (well done house keeping) the decor perfect for the style and type of building and all of our guests commented on how fantastic the rooms were.

The wedding meal was of the highest standard, (as was my birthday meal the night before) very well presented and tasted fantastic. 70 guests send thier compliments to the chef and kitchen staff. They deserve it

I`d like to give a special mention to Libby the master of ceremonies who did an excellent job in making sure everything went to plan and on time. She ensured the smooth running of the wedding day and that all our requests were met.

We first met at a wedding fair held at Crathorne Hall my daughter was so comfortable with her due to her friendly nature and personal qualities and attributes.She was always available to keep us right with a smile and acted at all times in a friendly profesional manner, a credit to your organisation and we as a family were so thankful she was on duty for our wedding as she helped make our day perfect.

Also Gloria who never stops smiling who made our stay the previous evening very comfortable and enjoyable, she also sang happy birthday to me as well as assisting during the wedding day a very big thank you.

To Jim the barman, John the waiter, Elle and Robert and all reception staff, Vicky,Natalia, Tracy and Kelly another big thank you the list is endless.

The staff looked after our every need in a friendly profesional manner, all staff are a credit to your organisation and their efforts should be recognised r

A PERFECT DAY which in our opinion could not have been improved upon.

Paul & Elaine

So good in fact a relative has now booked there wedding for April 2011

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 15, 2010

Took my girlfriend here for her birthday, everything was perfect. The staff were friendly and could not do enough for us and the food was amazing. Overall the hotel was excellent and I would definitely choose to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crathorne
Gisborough Hall Hotel
Swinton Park Country Club and Spa
The Cleveland Tontine
The Cleveland Tontine
#1 of 1 in Staddlebridge

Been to Crathorne Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!