“Brilliant wedding at Crathorne”

Crathorne Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Crathorne
Reviewed August 25, 2014

My husband and I were guests at the aforementioned wedding and I must concur it was amazing. A fabulous venue and a great setting for a very romantic day. Everyone there had a fantastic time. The rooms were beautiful, even though we were only in it for about eight hours !! We'd love to go back and enjoy the facilities properly at a future time. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank lynsnpaul_10
There are newer reviews for Crathorne Hall Hotel

Reviewed August 22, 2014

We took over the hotel and had a wonderful 2 night stay, rooms, service, food, grounds, staff and general standards were top notch! Thank you all so much for a cracking stay highly recommended and if you dont plan on partying til the early hours the room Welbury was totally quiet when we retired at 11pm and the youngsters partied on :)

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank k8oops
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Booked a special B & B offer through the Hand Picked Hotels website for a deluxe room with breakfast and a bottle of house wine when pre-booking evening meal. Hotel looked stunning on arrival and reception staff very friendly. We were shown to our room (Ormsby) which was large and beautifully decorated. However, after a few minutes we were aware of loud noises from below (subsequently found out our room was above the main kitchen). We asked to be moved and this was done straight away to Wellsby. The room was slightly smaller but still of a deluxe standard with views out to the landscaped gardens and a water feature. The bed and bedding were sumptuous, one of the comfiest I have slept in.
I would have given 4 stars to this hotel based on the accommodation but reduced this to 3 stars because of the dining experience. Our starter of pigeon breast was quite dry and a little overcooked. For my main I chose hake with ratatouille - the fish was cooked perfectly however the ratatouille was what I can only describe as "deconstructed". This dish should be slowly cooked, stewed vegetables but this was a tomato tapenade with some crispy peppers on top! It was a very small portion too. At this point I was glad of the basket of bread to fill me up. My husband enjoyed his main of pork and risotto. Our deserts were both excellent. So parts of the meal were good but not really AA rosette standard. Disappointed in the portions at breakfast too - I am not one for huge platefuls but when our waffle with bacon and maple sauce arrived couldn't believe that we were only given one slice of bacon. I am not sure if this is the norm for all guests or whether portions were deliberately made smaller for guests on the "special deal".
So a mixed review, great accommodation and friendly staff but the hotel needs to improve their dining experience.

Room Tip: If you like peace and quiet then ask for a room at the far end, overlooking the gardens (Wellsby).
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elaine928
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Our daughter Jennifer and son in law Michael were married at Crathorne Hall on 16.8.14 and I have to confirm the previous comments" it was perfect" .
Crathorne is a first class hotel , the staff are so professional and there is a genuine warmth about the place , nothing is a trouble to them and the attention to detail is marvellous .
The food was wonderful and the table service impeccable . Everyone was so friendly , bar staff , reception porter and the breakfast staff the following morning .
Sophie was our wedding coordinator on the day - she was marvellous , attentive but never in the way and so professional and Vicki our coordinator since we made the booking back in 2012 was wonderful and whose help was invaluable .
I would not hesitate in recommending Crathorne to any bride and groom or their parents , every parent wants their son or daughters wedding day to be perfect and that is was we had.
Wishing Crathorne Hall continued success for the future , well done Carol and John O

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Carol O
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We stayed here on a dinner bed and breakfast package in a de luxe room, I was a little worried on arrival to see a large wedding taking place as these can be noisy late at night, however our room was thoughtfully well away from the wedding guests. The room was large and well appointed although it was a little warm as we had no air con however we were offered a fan and fresh milk for tea, we ate in the Leven restaurant the food was very good however the service was very slow. Overall I was very pleased.

Room Tip: The higher rooms are very warm however fans are available
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Liz5004
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We got married at Crathorne Hall on 9.8.14 and to sum it up it was perfect. I (the bride) stayed at the hotel the night before the wedding and the staff were fantastic. There was another wedding on that day but I never felt ignored and the staff couldn't do enough for me. I think the staff make this hotel and they ALL deserve credit but the few who really excelled were as follows: Vicki our wedding co-ordinator was amazing, always calm, always organised and a pleasure to organise the wedding with. Earle who looked after my bridesmaids on the morning and kept things running throughout the day was brilliant. Nothing was too much bother and the fact he only wanted praise for his team to be recognised shows a true gentleman. Sophie never stopped rushing about organising things, she always had a smile and we felt she was totally in control and nothing was too much bother, a little star. Krista on reception was always smiling and always attentive, she even came to the rescue with a plaster for my little bridesmaid when her shoes gave her a blister from all the dancing! Between the wedding reception and evening reception my feet couldn't stand my shoes any longer so we went to the honeymoon suite to get my comfy shoes and my bags weren't in the room. Not to worry because Sue flew into action and delivered them with a smile, sometimes it's just the little things but she was so helpful and nothing was too much trouble. A special mention should go to Chris the Chef. I'm vegetarian and so often vegetarian food is an after thought, but the vegetarian food was amazing. To serve the vegetarian evening food separately and to provide a few options was a nice touch. He worked so hard and so many guests commented on how fantastic the food was. It was of a very high standard. Elie, well what can you say, a legend! He looked after my grandparents so well for two days that they wanted to take him home!! He made their stay and I always knew they were in safe hands. Finally, Gloria who looked after us at breakfast, what a smile and a lovely manner. She didn't bat an eyelid when we turned her work table into a table where guests could sign our poster which was lacking a few names, she knew it was important for us. The setting was amazing and the guests loved their rooms, the staff created a happy and relaxed atmosphere and we will remember them all. Thank you Crathorne for making our wedding day so perfect and the best day of our lives. The highest compliment we could pay Crathorne would be if we were to do it again we wouldn't change a single thing. We really hope this feedback is passed on to all the staff as they deserve it.

See you again soon......Mr and Mrs Stannard!

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Stan420
Reviewed August 10, 2014

A 1st class hotel that provides the perfect wedding experience for family and friends of the happy couple. The whole experience was absolutely perfection. The professional staff know what makes a successful wedding and they deliver. It was a wonderful 2 days and obviously we will never forget Crathorne Hall, they did us proud being proud parents of the groom. Thank you and wish you continued success.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crathorne
Gisborough Hall Hotel
Swinton Park Country Club and Spa
Brockley Hall Hotel
Brockley Hall Hotel
#1 of 4 in Saltburn-by-the-Sea

Been to Crathorne Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!